The invisible rich

Here's a picture of me sitting on a donkey.

SweetPea71703.jpg

Here's a picture of me just so you know what the invisible rich actually look like...

Attachments

• invisible.jpg
    invisible.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 21
  • invisible.jpg_thumb
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
Yep I stay pretty invisible. You wouldn't know to look at me. Well, maybe if you took a close look at the motorhome (and knew what you were looking at), you might be a little suspicious.

Audrey

audreyh1 said:
Yep I stay pretty invisible. You wouldn't know to look at me. Well, maybe if you took a close look at the motorhome (and knew what you were looking at), you might be a little suspicious.

Audrey

When I see those half million to million dollar bus conversions with the matching toad and datastorm on the roof I wonder where the money came from. Or if the owner is making payments.

I always wonder who in my neighborhood has their house paid off and who is in debt up to their eye balls. Do my neighbors with the two Mercedes have a retirement plan? How about the people with the huge motorhome that sits in the driveway most of the time.

TromboneAl said:
Here's a picture of me sitting on a donkey.

Looks like you forgot the ass! ;)

Thats me. Costco sweatshirt, costco jeans, costco underwear and costco shoes.

Unless I'm out filling my wifes car with gas.

JustCurious said:
I suspect this article describes many people on this board. It describes the type of person profiled in "The Millionare Next Door."
I think the %^&*er just outed us all for the sake of making deadline voyeuristic paparazzi journalism.

He's still working-- what does he know?!!

Martha said:
When I see those half million to million dollar bus conversions with the matching toad and datastorm on the roof I wonder where the money came from. Or if the owner is making payments.
Well, I don't own one of THOSE. Out of my league!! AND you need to add $500K to your price estimates. The bare Prevost shell itself costs $400K. You're looking at another $750K or so to build out. So you're pretty much looking at $1.2M to $1.8M when you see one of those babies driving down the road.

Audrey

Another one of the invisibles here. Visited a friend yesterday. Parked my 10 year old base model Corolla next to their nicely outfitted newer model SUV. They're struggling to figure out where to cut expenses so they can start contributing 1 percent of income to a 401k. I'm maxing out mine.

I'm not sure I like the term "invisible rich." Given my lifestyle, I think a better term is the good old-fashioned "filthy stinking rich." :)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Looks like you forgot the ass! ;)

Thats me. Costco sweatshirt, costco jeans, costco underwear and costco shoes.

Unless I'm out filling my wifes car with gas.

I too am a costco fashionista. except for the shoes. i never could find anything there
that fit well.

-mike

wab said:
filthy stinking

*sniffff*

I agree completely. Just so nobody can say we didnt agree on something.

mh said:
I too am a costco fashionista. except for the shoes. i never could find anything there
that fit well.

The costco $10 sneakers fit me perfectly and last about a year before they become yard shoes. And who cares if you spill paint on them?

Their open-heel shearling slippers are also one of the most comfortable things i've ever worn and usually those dont fit me so well.

When I was young (about 19 or 20, before I went back to college)... I met a stinking rich guy.... his wealth was over $100 million... he got his wealth in oil... I only saw him in coveralls except when he came to the court to testify on my father's will when he wore a suit... He was a very nice man and one time 'tipped' me $100 after I exterminated two of his condos... it helped me out a lot when I had nothing...

I hope that my wealth gets high enough so I can do something like that to others and not worry about it a bit...

But my point... you would never know he had so much money just by looking at him... unfortunately, his son lived in a high priced house, had 5 or 6 cars in the drive and lived the 'high life' off his dad's money...

Texas Proud said:
...But my point... you would never know he had so much money just by looking at him... unfortunately, his son lived in a high priced house, had 5 or 6 cars in the drive and lived the 'high life' off his dad's money...

Yet another good reason to spend it all before you die.

bssc said:
I always wonder who in my neighborhood has their house paid off and who is in debt up to their eye balls. Do my neighbors with the two Mercedes have a retirement plan? How about the people with the huge motorhome that sits in the driveway most of the time.

bscc, it's not hard to find out how much mortgage debt they have. My county has all property public records online, so I know how much mortgage debt my neighbor has. ;)

My county has all property public records online, so I know how much mortgage debt my neighbor has.

Is a mortgage considered public information, though? My state has property records online, but all they show is how much the purchase price of the house was, when they bought it, assessment value, square footage, acreage, number of floors, etc. But nothing of mortgage info.

Andre1969 said:
Is a mortgage considered public information, though?

The mortgage holder issues a lien (for lack of a better word - brain fog) against your property until the loan is satisfied. Liens and others of it's ilk are recorded, therefore it's accessible to the public.

The amount of the mortgage and any HELOCs are recorded but the balances are not, at least in Arizona.

bssc said:
The amount of the mortgage and any HELOCs are recorded but the balances are not, at least in Arizona.

Yes, it's like that as well in California.

Back
Top Bottom