The Official DOW and S&P, 2015 Prediction Thread

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Currently looks like the DOW will finish in the 18000 area and the S&P 2000 at the end of 2014.

Where will the indexes end up at the end of 2015 ?

What say the wise sages of the ER Forum ?

I could never be mistaken for a wise sage but I will say DOW at 19,500 on Dec 31, 1015

Where ever it ends up, I'm predicting that there will be some wild rides in between.

Currently looks like the DOW will finish in the 18000 area and the S&P 2000 at the end of 2014.

I think you mean S&P 2100....

Let me check in with Jim Cramer and Steve Liesman at CNBC Monday and I will get back with you.;)

This is fun. I'm going to play the contrarian and say 16,800 for the DOW and 1,978
for the S&P, but just wait for the rocket ride of 2016!

I'm thinking Dow 16,000.
For anyone who follows Martin Armstrong the economy is supposed to start going to heck in the 4th qtr of 2015.

I have no idea but am an optimist. I am guessing around 20,000 with some bumps along the road. I suspect it will go higher still before a major, longish lasting correction.

Dow at 19,530...

But I hope it is higher...

Just curious.... is the the Price is Right rules:confused:? Closest without going over...

Or just plain ole closest....

Everything looks pretty rosy. I'm going with 16500 and 1800.

Dow 19,840
S&P 2,112

Whats the prize? Are their points? Ten points would very nice for winning.:what::p

Thanks Getty Lee, Alex Lifeson,Neil Peart, and Mr. Orwell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Last edited:
I don't think about the Dow because it only contains 30 stocks.
I imagine the S&P-500 will be up 7% with a few good thumps along the way.

Relatively flat. Economy will motor along and the US will be queen of the pigs globally, but the Fed has to begin the tightening process this year and that should act as an anchor on returns.

I think the bigger questions are:

What will happen with bonds?
Will oil drop even further?
Will Congress get its act together on tax reform?
Will inflation suddenly pop up driving an absolute but not real increase in stocks?

Those are all critical inputs into stocks.

I will respond to these weighty questions and unruly economic forces by rebalancing my portfolio every six months and investing a fixed amount every month.

A trained monkey could do it. It wouldn't even have to be a particularly gifted monkey...:cool:

Isn't all the optimism on this thread a little disconcerting :confused: Kinda like WHEE!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom