The time has arrived, Get out while you can!

With apologies to Sir Mix-A-Lot and as tribute to RockOn....

I like calling bottoms and I cannot lie
You other analysts can't deny
That when the FED walks in with an itty bitty rate
And a stack of TIPS in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
'Cause you notice that yield was stuffed
Deep in the credit they sharing
I'm hooked and I can't stop swearing
Oh baby, I wanna swap with you
And take your money
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that yield you got makes me so horny
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-yield
You say you want my AAA bond?
Well, I'll use you, use you
'Cause you savin' my liqudity risk
I've got clients callin'
Gonna freeze out from sellin'
'Cause I ain't got liqudity yet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' this bottom ain't the thing
Take the average hedge man and ask him that
They down with a traunch like that
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
You think I called the bottom yet? (Hell yeah!)

Did you just compose that? Pretty cool :cool:

:( I am feeling really down today, nobody is going to give me credit for calling the exact bottom? :(

ok, Im confused...why do you want credit for calling a bottom when your title clearly says "GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN"?

Reread the first post, it was a bottom call :cool:

why would I want to "GET OUT WHILE I CAN", if it's a bottom call, Im buying like crazy, no?

tongue in cheek based on always knowing when the bottom is based on headlines saying to get out now because it's going to get worse

why would I want to "GET OUT WHILE I CAN", if it's a bottom call, Im buying like crazy, no?

Sorry, it was a play on words. I meant to do the opposite of what I said. I cannot explain it any better than that.

Oh. My. God, Ben.
Look at that bubble.
It's so... big.

With apologies to Sir Mix-A-Lot and as tribute to RockOn....

I like calling bottoms and I cannot lie
You other analysts can't deny
That when the FED walks in with an itty bitty rate
And a stack of TIPS in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
'Cause you notice that yield was stuffed
Deep in the credit they sharing
I'm hooked and I can't stop swearing
Oh baby, I wanna swap with you
And take your money
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that yield you got makes me so horny
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-yield
You say you want my AAA bond?
Well, I'll use you, use you
'Cause you savin' my liqudity risk
I've got clients callin'
Gonna freeze out from sellin'
'Cause I ain't got liqudity yet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' this bottom ain't the thing
Take the average hedge man and ask him that
They down with a traunch like that
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
You think I called the bottom yet? (Hell yeah!)

Sorry, Im just slow today. I TRIED to buy into your bottom....rushed home, logged into fidelity 10 min before market close, rebalanced 401k and went to click "submit" and then realized PC is still on standard time and market closed 50 min ago!

Sorry, Im just slow today. I TRIED to buy into your bottom....rushed home, logged into fidelity 10 min before market close, rebalanced 401k and went to click "submit" and then realized PC is still on standard time and market closed 50 min ago!

Ok, it's time to come clean. I had an idea that a bottom could be put in very soon due to the extreme pessimism. I've been watching markets for a long time like many of you and when things get that one sided, an upturn is not surprising. I did actually do some buying yesterday but it was mostly luck. Oh, did I say that. :crazy:

Now as far as the bottom call, it is possible that it was a real bottom but I do not know that for sure. I wouldn't act on my call. The market might just turn back down again, it did look like a short covering rally in a bear market to me. Those rallies can fail.

Still want to buy my newsletter? :angel:

Are you pullen my chain? :)

Are you pullen my chain? :)
No.......I've had fairly awkward adjustments into and out of DST. When I realized on Monday that my PC did not auto-update, I vaguely recalled hearing that the time change was earlier than usual, so I figured if I re-set it manually, it would auto-update on the traditional date, I would get out-
of sync....anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Maybe I am pulling your chain a bit as I was not rebalancing directly as a result of your post. I had decided to sell into any short term rallys to refill bucket #1 for kid's tuition expenses.

Maybe I am pulling your chain a bit as I was not rebalancing directly as a result of your post. I had decided to sell into any short term rallys to refill bucket #1 for kid's tuition expenses.

Good thing, I was beginning to get worried about being sued as pretending to be a newsletter writer (investment advisor). :D

It was a good call though, you gotta admit.

I'll let you know when I see the next chance to adjust those buckets.:)

ok, Im confused...why do you want credit for calling a bottom when your title clearly says "GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN"?

Sarcasm...I guess. I guessed 11500 on the dow in another thread...but I think Ben's floor is just a bit higher before he releases the hounds...;)

Attachments

• _dji.png
    _dji.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 2
check out the action in QID and other short ETF's

the levelraged ones are up more than than they should be and the normal short ETF's are a little less

check out the action in QID and other short ETF's

the levelraged ones are up more than than they should be and the normal short ETF's are a little less

So are you calling a top? :confused:

The time has arrived. Get it all in while you can.

So are you calling a top? :confused:

The time has arrived. Get it all in while you can.

why are the leveraged ones up more than they should and QID is up on very heavy volume. 44 million shares compared to 34 million average volume when the volume on the index was lighter than yesterday. nasdaq did 2.1 billion shares compared to 2.5 billion yesterday

my guess is that this was a sucker rally and people are getting into the short ETF's to be ahead of the game

Im waiting on your news letter Rockon. Whens the top.

It's not that easy. Bottoms are easier than tops. As soon as I can tell that a top is going to happen on a specific day, I'll be sure to update my newsletter. I'll also let the ER forum in on it as a publc service to the seniors in the forum.

P.S. For $29.99 a month, I can set up your individual PM alert. I take Paypal, no checks or cash. I usually make top and bottom calls on the day before a very large move (like the largest move in the last five years) so you must have patience. If you don't hear from me anytime soon, don't worry, I am working on my next call. If you see the monthly debit on your account you can be sure I am on the job.

100% satisfaction guaranteed, refs available on request

why are the leveraged ones up more than they should and QID is up on very heavy volume. 44 million shares compared to 34 million average volume when the volume on the index was lighter than yesterday. nasdaq did 2.1 billion shares compared to 2.5 billion yesterday

my guess is that this was a sucker rally and people are getting into the short ETF's to be ahead of the game

I did not look into it but it is likely because they use futures in those leveraged funds. If the futures closed either today or yesterday at a big discount or a big premium to fair value, it is likely causing the pricing variation you are seeing. I would say it is not significant. Sorry.

The volume is not significant, that amount of shares is really only peanuts compared to the market. A few people might be doing what you suggest, not the big money.

Back
Top Bottom