The urge to start a new chapter in my life ...

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My brother retired at 53 and died within 2 years; at 60 I It is on my mind all the time. My knees regularly remind me - There are is only one certainty - our life spans are limited. I started late I've got a High School sophomore son in a great school and a daughter getting instate tuition at the University of Pittsburgh.

I'm still on the job - it is still is fun. I often tech technology to the youngsters. The pile is big enough- now it is all about time. The son will be attending a southern university - he just doesn't know it yet (as I haven't picked it- we will figure it out) We will move to a warmer climate - not sure my fair skinned wife or I want florida full time (thus my post where to retire) looks like the relocation process will require lots of thought. The taxes on my home hit $9k not as big as some but..Jeeze we can do better.

Every get the urge to start a that new chapter in your life? The thought of it excites me. Some people retire and are unhappy I'm pretty sure that won't be me. My dad retired, did commercials, voice overs and had a several business ventures. It's in the blood.

Now if I could only get her into an RV! Dam she's to cosmopolitan.

Last edited:
We retired earlier than expected and likely with less resources, but the path to change, from housing, to lifestyle, to selecting the right home, the right community and the process of living the dream is detailed in this thread.
It's long and wordy, but may address some of the concerns and choices to be made.
http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/sharing-23-years-of-frugal-retirement-62251.html

The frugal part is probably overdone, but the stepping stones in the path, may cover some of the things you might experience in beginning the new chapter of your life.

Best wishes for a happy future! :flowers:

New chapters start in our lives all the time. Go ahead and write this one yourself.

I'm of the opinion that having no desire to change may indicate you're right where you want to be. OTOH change is hard, so you have to weigh costs (emotional, dollars, and risks) of a major change against what you may perceive as the benefits. However, I also think a lot of folks make changes that don't turn out as well as they thought because they fall into the "grass is greener on the other side" trap. I've always weighed such things carefully, that's why I'm still married to the first wife. :LOL:

Odd you refer to her as the first wife... Do you introduce as the future EX?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Odd you refer to her as the first wife... Do you introduce as the future EX?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Oh no, wouldn't trade her in for anything nor jeopardize what I got! Definitely the first and last!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom