The worlds best stock pickers

() said:
Personally, I'd rather have miss december rather than weiland d. tarpley as my advisor.

Might be cheaper to rent miss december by the hour and stick with ole' Weiland the third for your investments. ;)

I got in a little stock picking contest this past summer. The other guy had some fancy way to pick stocks - some stockpicker's newsletter or something, maybe Valueline. I used excel to generate 10 random numbers between 1 and 500, and then picked the stocks from the SP500 that corresponded to those numbers (proverbial monkey throwing darts). Of course I won by a long shot (still up +15%). The other guy lost a few percent. I think I hurt my competitor's feelings when I told him about my hi-tech stock picking strategy :D

This proves that monkeys, random number generators and playboy bunnies are great at picking stocks.

justin said:
playboy bunnies are great at picking stocks.

"...and you might even have fun doing it".

Anyone who has watched Bloomberg over the last 8 years is thinking "where have I heard that before...?"

Playboy bunnies beat the heck out of the old saw:

The monkey throwing darts.

Especially for a dirty old phart like myself. I knew there was a reason I liked index funds when they first came out.

Playboy bunnies vs index funds - tough, tough choice -alas probably never get the chance.

Rats! heh heh heh heh

Alas, playboy bunnies have a higher expense ratio than index funds.

I think the article may be referring to the performance of last year. Over a long period, the return of should revert to the mean.

I'm tempted to say something about a poster named "spanky" in relation to a post about playboy bunnies.

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/stock_picking_contest/index.cfm?sec=dailystanding

The winning bunny's reasons for picking her stocks:

Law Enforcement Association (AID) - TASER's are a great way to catch a guy.

Third Wave Technologies (TWTI) - RNA and DNA sound really cool.

Terax Energy (TERX) - Girls' gotta have a lot of energy!

StemCELLS, INC (STEM) - To help disease and sickness.

Sky Petroleum (SKPI) - If the gas prices get any higher we might have to go back to riding horses -- ooh riding is fun!

I did not make any of this up.

Hmmm ... a news story about Playboy bunnies picking stocks, and no photos? Those guys at Yahoo! Finance really are sticks in the mud. ;)

Well jeez louise, I left you guys two clicks away from naughty pictures...

And I noticed a 94% dropoff in male posting to the board for a day or so after that.

Back
Top Bottom