Time is standing still

Take off the cuffs, take a little more risk, walk in with a swagger every day and pretend you are just starting again, remember when it was fun? When you were going to set the place on fire? Then in 72 days walk out of there and make them wonder what just happened and how they could have let you go.

Oops, I see from your avatar that perhaps my reference to setting the place on fire is misplaced

Last edited:
I don't see counting down the remaining days until retirement as "wishing life away", I think of it as an awareness of where the milestones are. No different than tracking the dollar amount of the portfolio or when the mortgage is paid.

BTW 117 days 14 hours 49 minutes for me.:cool:

I don't know what to say to the OP. But the thread title reminds me of the lyrics of a love song.

"Time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much..."

Sorry for the hijack.

Having only 41 days left (counting today), I can sympathize. There are two holidays and a bunch of weekends in there too.

Next milestone, June 23, to get my 1,000 hours in for the additional year of pension. 832 in so far.

Already have a couple of trips planned. And a bunch of home improvement projects...

Back
Top Bottom