Vanguard Privacy Nasty Gram?

Took me a minute to see your point.
It would be uncomfortable for me, to receive warning as you did, very naturally embarrassing for many. If it was a different kind of use of someone's id, embarrassment wouldn't describe what would happen next, at least for me. I just don't look good in orange.:( probably the least of my worries).

I know you understand that they're just doing standard security checks and double dog sure-ing. They don't want to pay out against the written gaurentee. Publicity, no thanks.

This is the first thead I rember where a poster saw firsthand what goes on in these companies for fraud, er frog detection. Thanks again Midpack

Orange is the new black, you had to be there. ;)

just today I had our service team at Schwab question an email address for a married client, as it was her account and his work email. They wanted it changed to one that was only hers. This is new to me.

We actually set up a group email address where any email sent to it get forwarded to both our email accounts.

It slightly annoys my DW but every time I touch her accounts (or mine for that matter) I always mention it to her. She doesn't pay much attention, but does appreciate the heads up.

I don't know if it's typical, but she handles all the short term money - bill paying and such - and I handle all the long term money.

Works for us.

mp, I'd say your money handling is typical in many families. I handle all of it in my house, but that's the intersection of interest and aptitude. At least I don't have to work on the car!
Clever idea on the group email, though. And good to keep your DW in the loop. I try to remember to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

It slightly annoys my DW but every time I touch her accounts (or mine for that matter) I always mention it to her. She doesn't pay much attention, but does appreciate the heads up.

I don't know if it's typical, but she handles all the short term money - bill paying and such - and I handle all the long term money.

Works for us.
+1, exact same arrangements & sentiments in our house.

Back
Top Bottom