Vanguard wait time 20-30 minutes

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I just called - to get one little thing answered but they said the wait time is between 20-30 minutes!! Is it because it is tax time?? Crazy long wait!! It's like calling Comcast!

Last edited:
I just called - to get one little thing answered but they said the wait time is between 20-30 minutes!! Is it because it is tax time?? Crazy long wait!! It's like calling Comcast!

If you think that is bad, try calling the IRS. :facepalm:

Hmmm... luck of the draw? I've called them several times and never more than a few minutes before someone answered.

This time of year is by far every funds companys peak times. Their(not just Vanguard) volume spikes and doesn't drop till after the 15. It's not just just taxes, IRAs volume spike big time too.

It's something the funds know but staffing phones is difficult. Bring in too many, we're not being productive. Too few and the phones queue.

Edit to add in 1988 you'd pray for a 30 minute hold instead of 2-3 hours. There's a trick phone supervisors used to do called "draining the queue". Shortens the hold time dramaticly, pretty sure nobody does that today.

Last edited:
I don't even bother to call Vanguard anymore as I usually find more knowledgeable information elsewhere.

Apart from that, having a "speaker" option on your phone helps from passing out while enduring long waits, regardless of what company "Keeps Me Hanging On".

They do give you an option for them to call you back...

I don't even bother to call Vanguard anymore as I usually find more knowledgeable information elsewhere.
+1. I email if I need something from VG, probably less than once/year.

I wanted to ask them if they could stop sending me prospectus letters and do all correspondence with emails only going forward - It's not even an investment related request/question. Is this something I can do own my own on their site?

Last edited:

OTOH I called Comcast this afternoon and spent zero minutes on hold:LOL:

You can most definitely go online and switch to email correspondence only.

They have had a big influx of money and this is the time of year people open up new accounts for IRAs.

Back
Top Bottom