What do you pay for healthcare premiums

ripper1

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got notice from the city of chicago that my retiree healthcare premium is going up to 1375 a month. This essentially doubling from 750 only two years ago. Of course I am one of those hated public employees!

Just got notice from the city of chicago that my retiree healthcare premium is going up to 1375 a month. This essentially doubling from 750 only two years ago. Of course I am one of those hated public employees!

For how many people? I think mine is $190 a month for one, I'll have to check.

Me:

Medicare - $104.00
Supplemental Ins. - $230.00
Part D drug plan - $30.00

That's $364.00 per month

Add DW and double it.

(No employer benefit):rolleyes:

$400.00/month for two includes medical, dental, and vision.

DH retires in January 2015. We currently pay $275 for dental, health and vision. When he retires we will be paying around $1,300 a month. Like a house note but we need it so it is in the budget.

Single retired Fed - $110 a month for HDHP plan which contributes $62.50/month back to my HSA. I plan to switch back to a non-HDHP plan when I reach 65, and the monthly cost is about the same. The tax benefit of the HSA along with the plan contribution to my HSA more than covers the deductible. Since retiring in 2008, I have made a few $$ each year from my health plan.

I have megacorp pre-medicare retiree health coverage: $127/mo for BCBS HDHP, $1.5K deductible, 10%/20% coinsurance, $3K out-of-pocket max. DW is still employed for a few more years. She has similar pre-medicare retiree coverage which will be around $400/mo. My premium went up 9% from last year.

Medicare for two = $108
Supplemental paid by Air Force = $0

Covers everything Medicare covers, i.e. no dental. I think a vision exam every two years, not sure about that.

I should have mentioned that I was looking for early retirees between the ages of 55 and 64. It seems this is the age group that gets hit the hardest.

$1400 a month for two (late 50s),4K deductible. Welcome to Boston, highest rates in the nation. I do have to add that right now we are paying nothing, we are on Medicaid, as they could not process our application due to website issues. Back to 1400 a month in January. BTW - Medicaid is AWFUL.

$724 monthly for a COBRA high deductible policy for two of us ($1500 deductible per person, 80% paid after deductible, $9000 max out of pocket.) No dental, no vision. Still have seven years until we need to switch to a Medicare and supplemental plan. After COBRA runs out in 18 months, we'll see what's out there in the Washington state exchange.

Ms G and I spend $916 a month $3500 deductible 80/20 PPO with BCBS. Just got this good news yesterday. Retired age 54 now age 63 Ms G is much younger.

The 2 of us are in our late 50's. $383 / month, retiree insurance, does not include dental.

$531 a month for a family of four.
Includes:
Medicare Part B for DW
Retiree Medical insurance for two kids and me
Supplemental Medical for DW
Dental
Vision

My husband pays nothing (former state employee), when I retire and get on his plan, it will be $330 monthly for me.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

$1,220 per month for husband and wife, Covered CA, Blue Shield Gold, no deductible.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I'm paying $454 a month for BC/BS PPO for one person, $3,500 deductible, 0% co-insurance (once I hit the deductible that is all I pay) with dental and vision. Not an ACA compliant plan. Don't know what it will be for 2015. Also don't know if BC/BS of Va will role this plan out again but they might considering our President allowed for it. Just don't really know. Oh and age = 59.

Last edited:
I pay $245 a month, just for me (40 years old), for a Blue Cross PPO plan.

$1,281/month for the three of us, for a family Bronze plan, family deductible at $9,000/year, out of pocket max at $12,700 (HSA eligible! Yaaay!) The combination caps our personal medical costs, excluding eye care and dental, including insurance at $28,072 per year.

Yes, this is actually a pretty good deal for individual coverage without subsidies from other parties.

Last edited:
I am paying $384 a month (one person, age 51, New York, ACA Silver plan, excluding ACA subsidy which will end up being around $77 a month). Empire BCBS had filed an increase of 18% for 2015 (EEK!) but it got reduced to about 7%.

Back
Top Bottom