What financial radio show do you listen to regularly?

Direct thru WLS in Chicago's Adam Bold Show..on Saturday Mornings on 890 AM. He keeps up on Fund Mgrs. status and gives me a heads up on what they're upto and is more Positive about things than Boring Brinker and his Politics.. I think BB has just gotten too old for the game and should retire.. But AB is more of a Aggressive Growth type and not for conservatives..and of course, EVERYONE Listens to RUSH! Right?

;->) hehe

Adam Bold has a shady past. Did he talk about that? :p

I like Click and Clack on "Car Talk". Does it qualify as a financial program if it saves me money on car repairs? :D

Sweet, he has Podcasts too! I'm so there!

Bruce Williams Official Website
I also listened to him many years ago and always found him to be informative and entertaining. I found him again some months ago and listened for a while but stopped. Maybe I'll give another shot.

He's becoming even more crotchety and crabby in his old age and comes across as rather arrogant and impatient many times. But overall he's down to earth and good to learn from.

I was older than you in the 80s but I really enjoyed listening to Bruce Williams. He gave good advice because he had had so many good and bad financial and legal experiences of his own to look back on. He admitted to starting quite a few businesses that failed and some that were successful. I listen to Dave Ramsey today mostly because of the people who call in and are in unbelievable financial messes.
Not to hijack the tread, if you guys aren't aware of it, Bruce Williams is still on XM radio, channel158 around 7 or 8 oclock eastern time. Jerry

Not to hijack the tread, if you guys aren't aware of it, Bruce Williams is still on XM radio, channel158 around 7 or 8 oclock eastern time. Jerry
How about Bernard Meltzer.I know he passed on, but I learned alot from him also.

I listen to Jim Meredith's Your Money and You.

KDKA 1020 AM on Sunday mornings, 9-11am.

It is a call-in show. He is pretty knowledgable and a skillful listener.
Also, he not afraid to go out on a limb and express specific opinions on investments / financial advice (which of course exposes him to Mr. Market's humbling randomness).

Free

Why do you torture yourself so? :eek::confused:
Torture would be Jim Cramer. These other guys are like the weather channel. They have no idea why things are happening and keep giving lame reasons as the cause.

The markets went down today because:
a) the price of oil went down, or
b) the price of oil went up.
:rolleyes:

Frankly, I think most of the posters here know more than any of those 'radio advisors.' Whenever I hear Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey or Ric Edelman, I see them as advisors to beginners. My husband was watching Suze one day and realized we were so far ahead of what she was advocating. Once you reach the habit of LBYM and have significant assets, the game plan changes and I've yet to find anyone on the radio who helps with that - reading more complex books and coming here and reading about asset allocation is best. Tax management is another area I've yet to see adequately covered. Again, these are more complex topics.

Heck, the most interesting things I've read are the interviews they do with celebrities and financial advisors in the Dollar Stretcher website/email newsletter as well as one recent article in the WSJ. They talk about their own asset allocation...most are *very* conservative. And many who give the advice don't follow it themselves......

Frankly, I think most of the posters here know more than any of those 'radio advisors.' Whenever I hear Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey or Ric Edelman, I see them as advisors to beginners. My husband was watching Suze one day and realized we were so far ahead of what she was advocating. Once you reach the habit of LBYM and have significant assets, the game plan changes and I've yet to find anyone on the radio who helps with that - reading more complex books and coming here and reading about asset allocation is best. Tax management is another area I've yet to see adequately covered. Again, these are more complex topics.
By the nature of their shows, folks like Orman and Ramsey have to speak to the "lowest common denominator" in terms of financial savvy and spending/investing habits.

For example, I think plenty of savvy financial minds can *responsibly* use credit to improve their financial situation over time. But Ramsey isn't addressing those people, IMO; he's addressing the folks who may not understand that credit, like fire, is a tool which can improve your life when used responsibly but will burn you badly if it is your master instead of the other way around.

And I think if he started acknowledging some exceptions to his "no debt ever ever ever" mantra, he'd start getting a lot of callers all claiming that THEY are the exception and the show becomes Lake Wobegon where most people are above average at managing their money.

Ramsey doesn't really adress responsible use of credit because he always says: "My FICO score is zero because I haven't borrowed any more for 25 years.".........:)

I agree credit is a tool, but that tool can either maim you or help you build a strong foundation, its in how you use it.......:)

I agree credit is a tool, but that tool can either maim you or help you build a strong foundation, its in how you use it.......:)
Right -- and to the lowest common denominator in the listening audience, you have to make them fear its destructive power rather than harness its responsible usage. Again, a lot like fire (not FIRE)... :)

Hey, in response to the question about which financial show we listen to, we found this guy, Jerry Robinson. new shows are up on Saturdays a.m. We like the format and the guy's voice a lot. Talks about stuff other people aren't. We've listened to other guys, but keep coming back to this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom