Where did all the cryptocurrency fans go?

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
It seems all the folks touting the fortunes to be made in the cryptocurrency markets have taken a vacation. Haven't seen any posts on the subject in months.

Stuff like this might be one of the reasons why:

Efforts to recover millions in crypto-cash from the digital wallets of a man who died without revealing passwords to access them have hit a snag.

The wallets have been found to be empty.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47454528

It seems all the folks touting the fortunes to be made in the cryptocurrency markets have taken a vacation. Haven't seen any posts on the subject in months.

Stuff like this might be one of the reasons why:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47454528

The article has this:

"The unregulated nature of cryptocurrency exchanges, plus the fact that so many use them to hold their coins rather than just exchange them, invites fraud," said security expert Dr Alan Woodward from the University of Surrey.

"We really need exchanges to be regulated," he said. "The big question is who would do that."...

Ah, now we need some authority to oversee these bit coins.

Somebody with power to intervene and arrest the bad players and throw them in jail. Somebody, like a gummint? Gasp!

May I suggest the government of Venezuela? Hey, they already offered their own state-sponsored bit coin. There ya go.

Its still alive and well. I have a few coworkers who buy all kinds of random crypto...stuff ive never even heard of.

The article has this:

Ah, now we need some authority to oversee these bit coins.

Somebody with power to intervene and arrest the bad players and throw them in jail. Somebody, like a gummint? Gasp!

May I suggest the government of Venezuela? Hey, they already offered their own state-sponsored bit coin. There ya go.

Thats the problem of those who hold their crypto on exchanges. Anyone can purchase a "physical wallet" and store their currency there. Its basically a thumb drive, and obviously cannot be hacked. But at that point, its like having cash at your house. if someone breaks in and steals it, its gone.

We have a physical wallet. Someone would have to find it in a burglary. Not worried about it.

They may be at the penny stocks line? :LOL:

If anyone was at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles like I was, you would recognize the pattern here as it was in '84 with the Olympic Pin craze.

And the Beanie Babies are the followup act.

Not feeling so well I am guessing. Screenshot_20190305-072643_Reddit.jpeg

Never really a fan but I did get a few hundred in Iota and Ethereum just to see how easily it all works. I don’t look in on it very often.

Its possible some had to go back to work to make up all the losses.

Bitcoin was up like a $100 today.

There are still lots of people into this, few however on this board.

I am aware of one guy who put nearly his entire savings into it, and buys a thousand more each paycheck.

I am aware of one guy who put nearly his entire savings into it, and buys a thousand more each paycheck.
That is a scary practice.

I have some play money in the crypto market. Some litecoin, bitcoin and XRP. I don't expect great riches from these, but you do have to admit that if you were early to the Bitcoin game in 2009-10 and cashed out in late 2017 you'd be a millionaire by now.

We made our money mining when it was profitable to do so. We only invested 2k which we could afford to lose. We made a 40k profit which we cashed out and still have some coins. My son was the brainchild of this and cashed out 100k. People should not invest more than they could afford to lose.

I assume this chap does not believe in diversification. :D

Back
Top Bottom