Did the flu shot in 2019 make you sick?

Got a flu shot yesterday and no reaction, no pain, no soreness, no nothing. Now the deer tick bite I got on Saturday still has a welt. Pro tip: Tick twister really works easily to remove ticks.

No sickness here. The shot itself hurt like a somabich, though! And that coming from a dude who got stuck with needles A LOT thanks to Uncle Sam. Yellow fever and anthrax shots were terrible but the flu shot was pretty close.

No sickness here. The shot itself hurt like a somabich, though! And that coming from a dude who got stuck with needles A LOT thanks to Uncle Sam. Yellow fever and anthrax shots were terrible but the flu shot was pretty close.

Strangely, yellow fever never bothered me, but the typhus shot laid me low. That's the only one that ever got me in my whole military career.

We all have different reactions.

DW and I got our flu shot on Monday and following day I was completely drained of any energy and had sore shoulders and legs. DW was also very tired. Friend around corner had same effect, tired and sore. We all mostly recovered by Wed morning and this morning (Thursday) back to normal. I have never had much of a reaction to previous flu shots. Hrmmm

Obviously some reactions are not related but enough that it seems to impact some portion of patients.

DW and I got the shot at local pharmacy. since i just turned 65 they were going to give me the senior shot without asking me which one i preferred. I said i would prefer the regular shot with four strains rather than just three. I noticed that the U&C fee for the regular shot is $41 and the U&C fee for the senior shot was $82. we both feel fine after recieving the shot.

In North Carolina you do not have to have a prescription to get the high dose BUT my doctor will not give the high dose to anyone, he says there are too many adverse events caused by that shot. I took the high dose when I turned 65 and in a couple of hours ran a high temperature for a couple of days. My doctor told me never to take the high dose again so now I just get the regular shot. DH on the other hand goes to Walgreens every year and gets the high dose and has never had a problem. Of course last year DH caught the flu, had to be hospitalized even though he had the high dose shot.

Which is the high dose?

My county health department gave me the Flublok Quadrivalent since I'm over 50.

IIRC it has (extra?) adjuvant to stimulate the immune response more than the regular shot.

Absolutely no side effects, not even a sore arm.

I got the shot just over a week ago. I was achey the next day - but fine after that. DH and younger son got it this week - DH had a sore arm the next day, but was fine other than that. Younger son said no side effects at all.

I got the senior dose and DW got the junior dose and no problems for either one of us.

DW and I got the shot at local pharmacy. since i just turned 65 they were going to give me the senior shot without asking me which one i preferred. I said i would prefer the regular shot with four strains rather than just three. I noticed that the U&C fee for the regular shot is $41 and the U&C fee for the senior shot was $82. we both feel fine after recieving the shot.

Any place around us gives the flu shot for free.

This past Monday. Completely forgot I had gotten it til the afternoon while mucking stalls and spreading manure. I was completely wore out before I even barely started. I thought...dang, I'm getting old. Finally after blowing my nose all day, (think gallons), it hit me why I was so wore out. Good today though. I think the flu vac ppl are in with the tissue ppl ! Tissue stock has to go through the roof during flu vac season! Would buying tissue stock prior to flu vac be considered market timing?

Looking ahead to the future of flu shots just might put me into the anti-vaxer camp. "The future flu shot (gene therapy) permanently modifies your DNA"
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/new-vaccines-are-our-future-will-literally-change-your-dna

And just to show how dangerous it is to trust one source of information, here is a news outlets description of the same treatment: "your body produces its own vaccine"
https://abc13.com/health/new-dna-based-flu-vaccine-would-end-need-for-annual-shots/2853426/

I got my flu shot on Saturday. I didn't get sick, but I did wake up in Texas on Tuesday. I am not sure which is worse....:cool:

I got a flu shot on Saturday and still have a sore arm today. No other side effects and it was the high dose one since I just turned 65.

I am late to this party, but had both flu shot and pneumavax this morning. One in each arm.
No pain at the time and nothing since. I will post back if something changes.
I am just glad to get them both done for the year.

Just got my flu shot about 30 minutes ago. So far no pain and no feeling ill. I will let the forum no if it changes. I have never gotten sick from a flu shot, I doubt it will be any different for me this time.

I got my flu shot on Saturday. I didn't get sick, but I did wake up in Texas on Tuesday. I am not sure which is worse....:cool:
Sure cure for that... Go home! :LOL:

I got mine yesterday... I did get the HD dose since I'm over 65... No side effects, yet, except maybe it's more of a PIA :) (pain in arm) than usual.

I get mine at the same Walmart every year. They only asked me for my birth date. They didn't ask for my ID, or insurance card or even my name. (all on file by my birth date I guess). I was in and out of the store in about 10 mins... Maybe less...

My only compliant is they need to use a bigger type font for that stupid questionnaire they ask you to fill out. Seems like they use a smaller font every year!

Back
Top Bottom