Where's the M* App?

marko

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Is it just me or has the M* app for Android disappeared?

It was on my phone yesterday and now it's gone. It's not on my phone's app list either.

Then I went to Google Play to see if I can get new app and there is nothing there that looks like the app I had yesterday; the only thing I see is M* "Events".

It was working just fine for a few years and now....?

It mirrored my M* desktop with all my investments etc etc. M* desktop works just fine.

Anyone else seeing this?

Let me answer my own question:

After a bit more digging it seems that the M* Mobile App has been retired.
It did still work for me until I upgraded my phone yesterday. Odd that as people move more and more to their phones vs desktops that they'd do this but...

On a positive note, I found it interesting that my first thought to get an answer was this forum. The folks here are generally knowledgeable about just about everything.

I think a lot of us have had similar experiences. Developers create apps under a particular version of an OS, but lose interest in revising them to play nice with newer OS versions. Can't really blame them.

Ok...to change the subject a bit:
I liked the app simply because it gave me an early update on my portfolio. With Google I have to wait until the next morning. (Let's not get into checking balances every day)
Does anyone know of an app that gives early updates?
M* usually updated by 6:30 pm

Yes, M* no longer supports the app, and it's no longer available on Google Play.

However, I still have it installed on my phone, and the portfolio page still works (although the rest of the app does not).

+1 on the updated values 3 hours after the market closes. Google finance can take 12 hours, or more.

What I finally did was create a browser shortcut of the M* portfolio page onto my phone's main page. Works the same as the app.

Back
Top Bottom