which site for cd rates

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I usually check every once in a while to see where or if I can find decent cd rates. I was using bankingmyway.com for a long time, but now they have a little map on their site that shows what the different states are paying but no way to find out what institution is offering that rate. it refers you to a refine search area and you just get their paid advertisers as the top payers. anyone have a good site to see what the different banks and credit unions around the country are paying? thanks

I like Bauer Financial (bauerfinancial.com). They accept no advertising, and in addition to providing you with a list of institutions with the best rates, they rate the financial strength of each bank/credit union, based on the public filings.

They provide direct links to each institution if you'd like to explore further.

Rita

Since I recently opened a CD, I experimented with the links mentioned in this thread and a few others I have bookmarked to see what the best "longer" term CD I could find. The following seem to be the highest yielding results from my quick experiment:

Found only at:
I usually use bankrate.com.

5 year - 2.5% Live Oak Bank Live Oak Bank | Providing Small Business Loans to Niche Industries

Found only at:

49-month - 2.35% NASA Federal Credit Union https://www.nasafcu.com/

This doesn't show up on some of the other sites because they have only 3 or 5 year search options. Also, I like the interface at depositacounts.com.

I opened one of these CD's at NASA FCU last week. It was easy and free to get Credit Union membership.

Back
Top Bottom