why do you want to be rich???

Cute 'n Fuzzy Bunny said:
But my wife wants me to throw away half of my good stuff to make room for her junk! ;)

:LOL: Yeah, know what you mean. I was packing up G's closet yesterday and thinking how I would like to throw most of it in the garbage.... but I had to realize that would open the door to my "good stuff" following it. I don't see why we need his Van Halen cassette tapes, when we have my Jim Croce ones.

And neither of us will part with our hundreds of pounds of vinyl, although we don't own a working turntable between us (yet).

Sheryl said:
I don't see why we need his Van Halen cassette tapes, when we have my Jim Croce ones.
I don't see how this relationship could ever possibly work out, even with Dr. Phil on speed-dial...

Nords said:
I don't see how this relationship could ever possibly work out, even with Dr. Phil on speed-dial...

I love to watch Dr. Phil, just because I feel so much better about my own life afterward. We've both "matured" in our musical tastes, so I think there's hope... What were YOU listening to in 1976??

Beatles, Allman Bros., Kansas, Pink Floyd, Roy Buchanan, Outlaws, John Hartford, Frank Zappa, Zeppelin, etc... Liked a few Croce songs -Time in a Bottle, Operator - and a few Van Halen songs - Ice Cream Man, You Really Got Me (a Kinks song, btw), Panama (panties off, panties o-off....)...

I took something like 7 bags of old clothes off to GoodWill a few weeks ago.  And I swear, it hardly made a dent!  It was a good feeling though, to get that stuff out of the house.

And to be fair, I have two roommates, so some of it was their stuff.  Plus, I think there was about a half-bag of stuff my Grandma was just going to throw out that was still good, so I added it to my pile to donate.

It's amazing though, how fast these clothes can pile up!  And I never really thought of myself as one that buys a lot of clothes.  I think the problem is just that I hold onto stuff forever!

Yeah, my clothing budget is minimalist already, and will drop to near zero in retirement, as t-shirts and cut-offs are fairly inexpensive... :)

Andre1969 said:
It's amazing though, how fast these clothes can pile up!  And I never really thought of myself as one that buys a lot of clothes.  I think the problem is just that I hold onto stuff forever!

That's me too - some of the clothes I've been getting rid of are at least 10 years old. Good news/Bad News - our Rotary club is going to be doing a huge fundraiser/garage sale - I can get rid of everything, but I have to stockpile it until August. :p

Back
Top Bottom