Woo-Hoo!!!

W2R

Moderator Emeritus
The Dow is over 10,000 again. Time to celebrate after this long, fast run-up.

:dance::dance::dance:

(at least I didn't say "Whee!!!") :hide:

I would expect that we will be back and forth from the 9,000's to the 10,000's and back for a while, but this is sure better than 6500 in my book.

Last edited:
Anyone going to take money off the table now? Seem to remember discussions about getting out of the markets when the Dow hit 10,000 again.

And thank you W2R for not going "whee" "whee" again!

Anyone going to take money off the table now? Seem to remember discussions about getting out of the markets when the Dow hit 10,000 again.
Yes, I was overdue for a rebalance and this looks like as good a time as any. I have to get back to putting my rebalances on auto-pilot, though...

The Dow currently looks like a NYC ZIP code...

W2R has posted the "W" word*. Sell everything.....

*"Woo-Hoo" is Swahili for "Whee"

But I don't speak Swahili! :2funny:
That's it I am going 100% gold and ammo...
Glad to provide this valuable service to y'all. :D

You're quite welcome. And yes, seems to me that we had a lot of folks that were honestly sweating bullets when the market was near the bottom. So, do you (oh member) REALLY think your asset allocation is just fine as it is? Time to think about it.

The Dow is over 10,000 again. Time to celebrate after this long, fast run-up.
I would expect that we will be back and forth from the 9,000's to the 10,000's and back for a while, but this is sure better than 6500 in my book.
So now you're calling both the top AND the bottom?!?

So now you're calling both the top AND the bottom?!?

Back when the Dow was around 6600, I said the bottom would be 3500 or something, as I recall. So, I guess I don't really have much skill at that...

What I am good at, is saying it's TIME TO PARTY!!! :D:dance::dance::dance:

Of course, we still have 25 minutes to the closing bell. But still, at least it surpassed 10,000 during the day.

Not if you are very young and wanted to keep loading up on cheap stocks for many years... :)

Young people don't HAVE to get happy about the market. After all, they are going to live another 70 wonderful years! Over half of those years will be after I have returned to dust..., so scroom. JUST KIDDING!! ;)

Last edited:
No, really, it really does feel like time to get out...

Yep. This is exactly the reason I can't work up much enthusiasm for trimming some equity gains.

I'm less than 1% (only 0.6%) out of balance anyway, or I would. :( I guess that's because my TSP contributions are all in the G Fund (a bond fund). Actually, I would wait until it was over 10,000 for several days. It's possible that a lot of people will be selling because it reached 10,000, and that might drive the market back down tomorrow. But then, who knows?

Closing Dow 10,015.90

Last edited:
It all depends on your AA. It might be a good time to re-balance. I let that judge my actions. Normally I would wait till Jan. to avoid the tax man a little longer.

Nah still within my AA. I took some off a few months ago when my EM got out of whack.

Saint's play the N.Y. Giant's - I was thinking about asking the Vanguard computers rebalancing my Target Retirement about the game - but I don't want to throw them off their full auto game or overtax their electrons.

Soo - I'll watch the game like everyone else. Even if Eli's Daddy lives in New Orlean's you know who I'm rooting for.

Root for for yer team, pick a few good stocks - balanced index on full auto for the heavy lifting.

Pssst Wellesley for the value crowd - if you like a different drummer.

heh heh heh - and then there are the never say die minority - with the KC Chief's flags on the lawn and car antenna's. :greetings10:

Now what? (You knew we were gonna ask that question, right? :))

I'm gonna stay like this for a while. I don't have a good feeling about things......but its tough knowing that as of today I've left close to 6 figures on the table.

I'm gonna stay like this for a while. I don't have a good feeling about things......but its tough knowing that as of today I've left close to 6 figures on the table.

I dont have a good feeling about things either.

Back
Top Bottom