Votes: 23 16.3%
  • No, I retired in a previous year

Votes: 59 41.8%
  • No, I will retire after 2009

Votes: 55 39.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
I am really happy for your retirement Want2retire. You have been talking about it for such a long time, that I am excited for you. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Reactions: W2R
In my case, very low key. Went in at 8AM, signed papers, got picture for retirement badge, and left.

Khan? You actually had to get a badge, to retire?

Isn't that the whole point...I'm retired, and I don't need no steeennkin' badges!:cool::cool:

Reactions: W2R
Khan? You actually had to get a badge, to retire?

Isn't that the whole point...I'm retired, and I don't need no steeennkin' badges!:cool::cool:

Federal employees USED to get retirement badges, which allowed you to take advantage of any discounts you might be able to find or any retiree privileges. Now, although I think DOD provides them and probably a few other agencies, most don't. So, I won't get one. I'd like to have one!! :D

Federal employees USED to get retirement badges, which allowed you to take advantage of any discounts you might be able to find or any retiree privileges. Now, although I think DOD provides them and probably a few other agencies, most don't. So, I won't get one. I'd like to have one!! :D

My Union had a similar deal. Upon my retirement, they gave me "Retired Member in Good Standing" card so I could continue to get certain discounts & benefits.

Me too for 2010.
Getting paid through April.
Winding down work schedule, whatever that means to the boss.
Oversee the transition from golf course and canoe.
My replacement hired and trained.
My replacement's replacement to start work soon.

Me too for 2010.
Getting paid through April.
Winding down work schedule, whatever that means to the boss.
Oversee the transition from golf course and canoe.
My replacement hired and trained.
My replacement's replacement to start work soon.

you won't be lone for soon ranger...

Going 10/31. My last day will be Oct 1st as I have time to use up. Only working tomorrow and sept 28th this month. Its an odd feeling, I will need time to get all this out of my head.

Sept 30 will be my last day---officially retired Oct 1!! I only have 8 working days left. I have taken off every Friday for the last month to use up leave days that I couldn't get paid for. When it hit me that I had worked my last Friday, I was talking with a friend and I think that she thought she would have to slap me to get the smile off my face.

Seriously though I do feelings that run from very happy to slightly apprehensive about taking this step. Mostly though--very happy and glad to be part of the ER class of 2009.

I have been training my probable replacement---a smart, enthusiastic young man so I feel that I am leaving things in good shape.

I am looking forward to this next phase in my life. It will be a big change after 33 years of working.

Back
Top Bottom