A gift basket!

trapperjohn

Recycles dryer sheets
I was just pleasantly surprised. During a conversation I had late last week with my Vanguard Flagship rep, I mentioned that I had officially retired the previous week.

Yesterday, I received a lovely gift basket from giftbaskets.com with fruit, chocolates, nuts, gourmet popcorn, and cookies. The note that accompanied the basket was from that Vanguard rep congratulating me on my retirement.

A very pleasant surprise!

Oh sure. Now let's see if you get sent a yearly birthday card like Edward Jones does.

When DW retired, our Schwab rep sent a her gift basket, too.

FYI, Schwab sends two bottles of wine along with the snacks. I guess I'll keep them at least until I retire. (We also have Vanguard and Fidelity.)

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Yes, I am so glad I read all the posts, before responding. I never want to be the guy who always posts an "original thought" that has been mentioned several times already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I am so glad I read all the posts, before responding. I never want to be the guy who always posts an "original thought" that has been mentioned several times already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never worry about that, never having had an original thought in my life.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I was just pleasantly surprised. During a conversation I had late last week with my Vanguard Flagship rep, I mentioned that I had officially retired the previous week.

Yesterday, I received a lovely gift basket from giftbaskets.com with fruit, chocolates, nuts, gourmet popcorn, and cookies. The note that accompanied the basket was from that Vanguard rep congratulating me on my retirement.

A very pleasant surprise!

It does seem there are tiny hints of Vanguard slipping over to the dark side......

Back
Top Bottom