About Interviews

I can see it now . . . "Nolo Press discovers that ER causes attention deficit diso"

. . . err, what was I saying?

() said:
I'm a gigolo with with a huge dowry that feeds 3 dogs 3 cats, and 3 people, along with cleaning up after them and fixing stuff. This isnt a bad job by the way. :)

As far as the gigolo part, the wife says she aint paying me enough. Then while i'm smiling she hands me the baby and says "off with you now, momma has to go watch Oprah...".

Hmmm... :|

Might I suggest a gigolo hat in order to fully play out your new role: It should have nice sheen on the exterior, a 2 1/2--3 inch brim that is dapper yet jaunty, and a cellophane (sp?) liner on the bottom side in order to prevent from 'you know who' any backsplash from damaging it. Of course, you may prefer the old grizzled gigolo look. That, too, has an appeal in some of the finer parenting circles. Best of luck fun.

--Greg

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
Might I suggest a gigolo hat in order to fully play out your new role: It should have nice sheen on the exterior, a 2 1/2--3 inch brim that is dapper yet jaunty, and a cellophane (sp?) liner on the bottom side in order to prevent from 'you know who' any backsplash from damaging it. Of course, you may prefer the old grizzled gigolo look. That, too, has an appeal in some of the finer parenting circles. Best of luck fun.

--Greg

I think I'm gonna go for the traditional richard gere look, minus the hamster jokes.

NoloPress said:
Nolo manages its contacts like this:  sometimes, a reporter calls publicity asking for experts they can use in a story relating to one of our books.  We take the reporter’s contact information, deadline and the type of information they need, then get in touch with one of our authors or other experts using email or the phone.  If the expert is busy or uninterested, or if we just can’t find them in time, we move on to the next appropriate contact.  If our expert is willing to participate, we give them the reporter’s contact information and set up an appointment.  Interviews are usually conducted over the phone.  The call will probably last between 5 and 20 minutes.
Lindsay, I'm late to the conversation but please sign me up. PM me or send me an e-mail at Nords_Nords@Hotmail.com.

() said:
... at least the ones who can do basic math without screwing it up, or who like decent beer.
Thanks, I think, as soon as I figure out which of these four categories I fit into!

As a former editor, I've always always loved punctuation (especially parentheses :D).

MRGALT2U said:
Most appropriate IMHO.

JG

The "my" in this statement is well understood, as are your frequently uttered "I"'s and "Me"'s, but the humble is incomprehensible, and the opinion is usually overstated, frequently, and of weak substance.

But do go on.

() said:
The "my" in this statement is well understood, as are your frequently uttered "I"'s and "Me"'s, but the humble is incomprehensible, and the opinion is usually overstated, frequently, and of weak substance.

But do go on.

Actually (), I disagree with you. His "I" and "Me," or awareness-of-self, is so small as to be almost unidentifiable to known humans. But I do agree with you about the size of his "humble." ;)

--Greg

() said:
. . .but the humble is incomprehensible, and the opinion is usually overstated, frequently, and of weak substance.

But do go on.
Maybe the h stands for something other than humble. Can anyone come up with a better word? honest? . . . helpful? . . . horrible? . . . head-case? . . .

:D :D :D

() said:

But do go on.

No thanks.

((^+^)) SG said:
Maybe the h stands for something other than humble. Can anyone come up with a better word? honest? . . . helpful? . . . horrible? . . . head-case? . . .

:D :D :D

Horses aaaaaaa.....nah, nevermind.

MRGALT2U said:
No thanks.

Would that be 'imhnt'?

() said:
Horses aaaaaaa.....nah, nevermind.

Would that be 'imhnt'?

Okay, I gotta say it............() is either a zero or a body part.
Take your pick...........either one fits!

JG

Gosh Johnny...that supposed big brain of yours doesnt recognize the null set? Of course, technically thats {}, but I figured there was a class of people here that would think it was a body part and be properly amused.

Glad I could help.

() said:
Gosh Johnny...that supposed big brain of yours doesnt recognize the null set?  Of course, technically thats {}, but I figured there was a class of people here that would think it was a body part and be properly amused.

Glad I could help.

I gotta tell you man................this was a lot more fun while you were gone.

JG

Uh, TH, are you now or have you ever been a LISP coder?

=astro, wife of a once and forever LISP dude--parentheses are him!

Have Funds said:
And you guys thought guns were lethal...

C'mon, boys, play nice.

Ah yea, I don't really mean it. I just wish you two would ignore each other.

moghopper said:
Ah yea, I don't really mean it.  I just wish you two would ignore each other.

Probably a good idea. I will try. Promise.

JG

At risk of more jokes, yes I have written a few lines of LISP, back in the 70's. We had some weird computer from some oddball company...I wanna say "Alpha Micro" and the operating system was "AMOS" but I could be wrong. It ran fortran and lisp predominately.

And yes, parens and the word 'lambda' were about half of the total source code, by my 30 year old recollection.

Back
Top Bottom