All done and thankful

pacergal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Today was it for me! At 60, not super early, but sooner than I thought. 5 years ago, I started attending every inservice from our pension board and Def comp that I could, along with checking and rechecking our spending/budget/anticipated future income. Found this forum, started lurking and learning a whole lot of info!

I am very thankful for all of the information I gather from all of you.
Also thankful for parents who LBYM was instilled and a spouse who has been mindful of my budget process over the years and not grumbled too much!
DH first pension check arrived on time a few months ago and mine is expected January 1,2017! Budget in place and this past year I was able to move much of the investments to Vanguard.

Tomorrow we get to spend the day with our kids and grandchildren, then off to Hawaii for some rest and relaxation in a few weeks.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories. I continue to learn something every time I visit here! :dance:

Congratulations! It only gets better from here now that you can spend your time as you like. Enjoy Hawaii.

Congratulations!

Which island are you headed off to?

Thank you folks. Today, no w*rk--nice feeling! Heading to Oahu and the Big Island, haven't been to those two in a while. last trip was to Kauai.

We just returned from the Big Island two weeks ago. It's my favorite place in the entire world to visit. And someday I hope to live there.

Enjoy your travels!

Congrats!! There is nothing like being in control of your time! Retirement is everything good!

Hawaii is awesome unless you visit oahu...then its like any other overpopulated city. Even the north shore is congested.

Congratulations! Retirement is very rewarding you earned it.

Thank you so much. I can't believe its been a week already. Time flies when you're having fun!

Back
Top Bottom