Another Reason to Love Being FIREDd

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
School will be back in session soon, so parents are starting the rituals of shopping, planning, and all that other 'fun' stuff. What does that mean for me? It means having the neighborhood pool all to myself for the last 3 hours today and 4 hours yesterday! The peace and quiet (well except for the geese that are next door at the lake) is simply wonderful.

uploadfromtaptalk1468940411603.jpg

Sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical errors.

+1
I've been swimming laps early to avoid the crowds and birthday parties. Can't wait to have the pool to myself soon.

Just think, the National & State Parks & local lakes won't be so busy in another 4 to 6 weeks, depending on which part of the country you live in and when school starts in that area.

As a parent who's also retired... I keep thinking of that old Staples song where the mom's pushing the cart through the store while singing "It's the most wonderful day of the year".

Went to the beach today (twice, once with the dog, once with the kids). Can't wait till the beach goes back to uncrowded.

On the flip side, for some of us in O.M.Y. mode, the A.M. commuting traffic will increase noticeably when schools start. (Why it does so noticeably is hard to untangle; must be close to the tipping point at my preferred drive time, and this sends it over what I consider the edge?)

Oh well, can always get up a few minutes earlier--especially for just one more year.

Back
Top Bottom