Anyone want to come sailing this winter?

susswein

Dryer sheet aficionado
I'm going to be spending the winter sailing in the sea of Cortez, and could use some company. The boat is an older, basic, but seaworthy 27 footer, so this is definitely not a luxury cruise. Have room for one person, male or female. Good company is more important than sailing skills.

Send a PM if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could!

There is some fantastic whale viewing in the Sea of Cortez over the winter - even better from a small craft.

Cool. We sail a little Montgomery 17 footer. I would love to bring it down to use as the dinghy :) ...if only this were 2015 when we ER :(

Maybe see you on the water someday though.

This makes me wish I had stuck to my 2013 RE plan; but, OMY [FONT=&quot]syndrome [/FONT]will likely have me employed entirely through 2014 unless something goes seriously sideways with my current situation.

March 2002 trip down the coast of Baja California followed by 7 days cruising the Sea of Cortez in a small vessel:
  • 12 species of whales (includes dolphins which are toothed whales)
  • Several viewings of blue whales which at 80 feet were even bigger than our boat!
  • Petting free baby gray whales in a sheltered lagoon - they come visit you
  • A couple of evenings of incredible photo-luminescence underwater fireworks
  • Plenty of other marine mammals
  • Numerous birds, turtles, fish, sharks, etc.
It was truly incredible.

I wish I could spend a winter sailing, but I have to stay close to home in case DW gets stuck in a snow drift. Its a shame that my sailing vessels (16' pontoon boat and kayak) are garaged for the winter.

I'm still working full time but you are living my dream. I plan to sail (circumnavigate possibly), backpack the AT, CDT and PCT, canoe the Mississippi and retire to a hoby farm when I'm too old for the rest.

Maybe we can do a trip some day. Mountains or sea it doesn't matter to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom