Are you retired?

Are you retired? Yes

How old are you when you retired? 54

When did you want to retire? 55

Planned to retire at 55 since in my mid 20s and lived the life an finances to support it (plus a huge dose of luck). Was terminated 22 days before my 55th birthday as part of megacorp restructure/move... and with 30.5 year tenure was given a generous severance and retention bonus (to agree to stay on until that date after then announced the RIF 15 months earlier.) Could not have possibly worked out better....

Are you retired? No

How old are you when you retired? No yet

When did you want to retire? 49

Are you retired? Yes

How old are you when you retired? 54

When did you want to retire? 55

Planned to retire at 55 since in my mid 20s and lived the life an finances to support it (plus a huge dose of luck). Was terminated 22 days before my 55th birthday as part of megacorp restructure/move... and with 30.5 year tenure was given a generous severance and retention bonus (to agree to stay on until that date after then announced the RIF 15 months earlier.) Could not have possibly worked out better....

Boy, and what a dose of luck! :dance::dance::dance: Don't we all wish for a generous termination that coincides with our planned retirement. :clap::clap: Congratulations!

Yes, retired at 59. Was ready to go at 57. Spent last two years handing off work, starting a volunteer gig and looking at finances every which way to be comfortable with exiting the workforce, for good.

Yes

Me 50 in 2010 DH 57 Feb. 2015

Wanted to retire around 45 but kids college etc got in the way. We now wonder how we ever found time to word. No regrets. Life is good.

I would have said I retired when I was 56 if you asked me this question a few months ago, but I cannot say that now since I have recently picked up a part-time gig. I'd say I'm happier now than ever before, though.

Last edited:
Are you retired? YESSSSS!!!!!:dance:

Thanks for bumping this thread. I responded in #174 but could not resist the chance to say that I am finally retired.

Not retired. Currently 52 . Goal is to retire at 53. Not wishing precious time away at all !!!! But time seems to be going so slow right now.

Not yet retired; 22 months to lift off at age 58.

Original plan was 55 (a 25 year old's dream). However, mega corp changed the pension plan from DB to DC, kids came onto the scene (dang they are expensive), failing the LBYM undergraduate course and wife's disability combined to change the trajectory.

Yes, since Jan 4 2017. It has been amazing, fulfilled a a 30+ year old dream, retired 22 days before my 55th birthday. Some serious commitment to LBYM, but a lot of luck also...

No. Shooting for 55 in OMHY. (One More Half Year)

Not yet..... 58 and aiming to pull the plug 31-Dec-19. So abit over 2 years to go....

So close but yet so far......

I want to retire yesterday. I am 55 - Megacorp.is pure misery. May actually do it in Spring, 2018.

Yes, retired for approx 2 months now, age 53. Never really had a specific age, it was more of a financial value vs expenses. Worked a little bit longer in order to have more cushion and security.

Not yet..... 58 and aiming to pull the plug 31-Dec-19. So a bit over 2 years to go....

Same here......FI since 2013, need to get out of OMY, year after year, syndrome. Wouldn't mind going sooner under the right circumstances.

About to be 59 and still in OMY mode. With no HC options available other than ACA, I will continue in OMY mode until HC sorts itself out. :(

Yes.

Retired at 59

Wanted to retire at 60

61 and still going. Plan to retire in 2019 ... 63yo.
Kind of FI but not RE ... : (

Back
Top Bottom