Business Week: "Meet the Senior Class"

Martha,

I think I can extend that idea for guaranteed insurance to also include residence in an "active living" community (the frat/sorority house or student dorms). :) Although I really don't want to share an 8x12 room with another guy when I'm elderly (whether it is prison or the dorms).

Nords said:
I don't know about you guys, but years of military training have pretty well slaked my thirst for institutions of higher education...

Nords--
As another military ER, I know what you mean...right before I retired I was required to do a 12 hour block on the medical management of biological/chemical warfare..."But I'm retiring," I said.   "You're not retired yet," they said. 

But having said that, I AM going back to school for acupuncture and Chinese medicine!  I know! Weird, huh!  The two reactions I get from people are either "WTF?" or "Cool."  I guess I was always a hippie chick at heart...  :)   

justin said:
Martha,

I think I can extend that idea for guaranteed insurance to also include residence in an "active living" community (the frat/sorority house or student dorms).  :)  Although I really don't want to share an 8x12 room with another guy when I'm elderly (whether it is prison or the dorms). 

I never lived in a dorm, and in spite of my personality I am still free........
(relatively speaking). I can tell you that you could meet some pretty
interesting folks housed in the penal system. Not sure it is
worth the risk as you don't get to choose your roommates :)

JG

Ever since DD went off to college, I've started having those "I forgot to go to class" dreams. The one in which you find that it's the middle of the semester, and you forgot to go to one of your classes. Yuck.

No more school for me!

TromboneAl said:
Ever since DD went off to college, I've started having those "I forgot to go to class" dreams. The one in which you find that it's the middle of the semester, and you forgot to go to one of your classes. Yuck.

Used to have those dreams all the time. Strange, but after being retired now for 6 months, I've yet to have a "forgot to go to work" dream. :D

REWahoo! said:
Used to have those dreams all the time.  Strange, but after being retired now for 6 months, I've yet to have a "forgot to go to work" dream. :D

Would that be a "nocturnal omission"? :p

I dunno. I'm about as over-schooled as I can be, but I would still probably go back to school if I were FIRE'd tomorrow. Its not the same if you are studying what you want to study on your own terms.

Leslie said:
But having said that, I AM going back to school for acupuncture and Chinese medicine! I know! Weird, huh! The two reactions I get from people are either "WTF?" or "Cool." I guess I was always a hippie chick at heart... :)
Rock on Leslie!
It may seem like a long way from military retiree to acupuncturist but 'what a long strange trip its been'. That is what ER is all about -- reinventing ourselves. And since our low=stress lifestyle could tip the odds in favor of our living a really long time, we may have to reinvent ourselves a whole bunch of times -- I'm thinking of putting acupuncture down on my list for 2025 or so -- 8)

I had acupuncture done for a few months in Tokyo 15 years ago -- really great results. Cured my tinnitis. The alternative was a horse-shot of steroids in the behind that would make me vomit for 3 or 4 days but what the heck. Japan was interesting in that they have a completely parallel hospital systems for natural/eastern medicine and western medicine. Your insurance would pay for either at your choice.

WhodaThunkit said:
At age 85 he still had the "can't find the classroom" dream himself.  Said it was the most common dream for his patients to have.

Mine were "can't remeber the combo to my locker" dreams

Brat said:
Mine were "can't remeber the combo to my locker" dreams
"I can't find my classroom", "I forgot to wear pants", "ohmygosh the road just dropped out from under us and we're faaaaaaaallllllllllliiiiiiiiinggggg", and "I'm running as fast as I can through this molasses"... usually at that point I'm wide awake for the rest of the night.

I didn't know losing something was a common dream theme. I have misplaced my car countless times. Recent, I have found myself living in a country house I had sold years ago when the real owners show up wondering what I'm doing in "their house".

Verrry verrry Intresting Mr. MJ. :eek:

I wonder what human beings used to dream about...I forgot to bank the campfire? I forgot to sharpen my spear? I forgot the grunting rhythm to the tribal ceremony? I forgot to put on my loincloth?  :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom