Clothes

arrete

Recycles dryer sheets
In reference to the fashion part of the thread in News and Announcements when CK started talking about knitting, then kilts...

Well, anyway. If you're FIREd, what do you wear? I am knit pants/jeans with t-shirts in the summer and polertec and sweats in the winter. No watch, and I have to remember to stick earrings in every once in a while, or the holes in my ears will close up.

I have 3 pairs of the same New Balance shoes that I wear everywhere - partially because I have plantar fasciitis.

Had to go visit the lawyer the other day, and I wore my stylish sweats that have a nice suit-looking jacket with them (from Beans).

What about you all?

arrete

My dark suits and monogramed shirts are all gone now,
never to be replaced. I still have lots of nice silk
ties but almost never wear them. I have 3 or 4 sport
jackets and 3 or 4 slacks and maybe 3-4 turtlenecks.
Seems to be plenty for my lifestyle.

John Galt

Re: Clothes (or lack thereof).

The Goodwill wardrobe:

10 pairs of shorts, mostly surf brands.
20 t-shirts. Summer tank tops, winter collars & sleeves.
Slippers, er, I mean flipflops.

A couple pairs of slacks & aloha shirts for those "formal" occasions. They were bought years ago so depreciation has been fully amortized.

A new pair of walking sneakers every couple years. (Woo-hoo.)

I used to wear a watch, but in ER I've found that I really live more by the calendar. About the only place I wear a watch is at the kid's horse shows, where they have to be entering the arena to the minute.

Everything else I wear is "sporting equipment"-- athletic socks, surfboard rash guards, lifeguard straw hats, bicycle shorts, etc.

Average annual clothing budget: $50. I may have to raise that in a couple months-- my ponytail will be long enough to braid, which means I'll have to use TWO elastic bands to hold it all in place.

I draw the line at neckties & suitcoats. If I'm gonna have to wear either of those for an affair then it better involve a dead body.

I never realized how much clothing I have until I started trying to put this list together. I think I need to make a Goodwill trip. Here's what I came up with:

* about 200 T-shirts and polo shirts -- mostly free with some kind of obnoxious add on them,
* jeans (6 or 8 pair)
* work overalls (1 pair)
* shorts (4 or 5 pair)
* tennis shoes (two pair)
* hiking boots (two pair)
* sandles (one pair)
* cowboy boots (4 pairs)
*assorted decaying socks and underware
*sweat shirts (5 or 6)
*winter jacket (2)
* goretex jacket & pants raingear (1)
*assorted gloves & winter hats
* ear ring (1 that I wear all the time)
* summer hats (2 broad brim)
* I still have a couple of suits, a couple of sport jackets, several dress slacks, white shirts and ties in my closet. I haven't worn any of them in over a year.

Since Phoenix has very little winter, I wear shorts and T-shirts most of the time. I add a sweat shirt in winter. Other winter clothes and raingear are for those times when I travel to places that have weather problems. :)

Shorts and Tank tops or T-shirts 95% of the time. If we are dressing up, shorts and a polo shirt. I had to put on socks and jeans the other day...yuck! One suit for weddings and funerals, too much of the later lately.

As far as watches go, my band had been broken for months, got a new one today. The date was wrong on the watch, my wife asked what the date was, but I didn't even know what DAY it was :p.

Two beauties! You are twice blessed cut-throat. ;)

I still have lots of nice silk
ties but almost never wear them.

I can think of some interesting things you can do with silk ties.

MJ :p

You know, I considered mentioning some of the
less conventional uses for silk ties. I wasn't sure this board was ready for that sort of randy commentary :)

John Galt

I've only done the cruise thing once. Thank Dog the formal events were optional, otherwise I would have abandoned ship.

Back
Top Bottom