Country living..20 minutes from 'anything'..

OP/RetireSoon

it sounds like you need to establish “boundary conditions” when trying to solve your computation

first: you’ve established that 20 minutes is your timeframe from amenities that you want closeness to— so we would extrapolate to that being within 15 miles (max)

Two things. First, I am not sure he has said 20 minutes. I thought the whole point of this thread was that 20 minutes was not OK. I'm not sure it is established what is acceptable to him.

Second thing. I do think your method of analysis may be useful for me. DH and I, after talking about it this week, have decided to go ahead and sell our house and move a couple of hundred miles away. So we do have 3 main location related criteria.

1. We have family/friends in the area we want to move to. However, it is a large area geographically. We can't be close to everyone. But I do think it would be useful to draw a circle around the most important ones and see what kind of overlap I get.

2. We want amenities within a certain distance. Must have grocery store within 10 minutes, hospital within 20 minutes, etc. So that would be helpful.

3. Must have pet friendly area. In this case it means we prefer areas that are unincorporated so there are no ordinances. (Of course, we will have to check HOA - we either want non-HOA or an HOA without numerical pet limits). So doing 1 and 2 and then excluding everywhere that is within a town would be useful.

My guess is somebody forgot to close the barn door...

Or the roll up doors. DW's late Brother was a retired 'Gear Head' who took in ailing tractors. Never used propane in 'the tractor barn' 160 by 40 by 30 feet high, just 100,000 btu portable kerosene heaters. Saved the propane powered house furnace for the 30 by 60 and 30 by 15 machine/welding/auto shop with home built ceiling vent system and electric fans.

Don't know the number but propane expenses was remarked upon by him on occasion.

Hobbies is expensive. :D

heh heh heh - Un - loaded at auction 7 tractors, flatbed 454 chevy dually, 10 wheel C 60, all the shops. :cool: Now a storage for a few combines, seeder, baler, hog trailer to hep the neighbors stuff stay out of the weather.

Also cattle are noisy. :D

Back
Top Bottom