Cruise ship condos

lauraf13

Dryer sheet wannabe
The local DJ is retiring after being on the air for over 40 years. He said he and his wife had bought a condo on a cruise ship and they plan to see how long they can stay on the ship.

I have looked on the internet and apparently you can spend anywhere from 150k to several mil.

Anybody know anything about this?

Laura

The local DJ is retiring after being on the air for over 40 years. He said he and his wife had bought a condo on a cruise ship and they plan to see how long they can stay on the ship.
At first glance, I thought this may be fun. But after thinking about it for a while, I'm not so sure.

I've been on a few cruises, long and short, north and south, and they were fun. But, I can't imagine being stuck on a ship in retirement. I would probably last 7 to 10 days at most. I have too many things I plan on doing on land, like gardening, hunting, fishing, making beer and wine, cooking, visiting family, going to museums, getting a dog, being involved in my home-town community, etc.

I have to agree with retire@40, at least for myself. A cruise might be fun for a little while, but I enjoy too many land-based activities to spend all my time on a ship. I need a home base also, for my garden and familiar fishing and hiking spots, etc.. But I do want to do a lot more traveling once we retire, and the snowbird idea is appealing, since I've had enough winters in this (Upper Michigan) climate. I don't want to spend my winters in a retirement community, though (yuck)......just need to find an affordable small community somewhere (not too many people, I hate crowds) with a moderate winter climate and access to lakes/rivers. Seems like all of the good ones have already been "discovered" though. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

RAE

Back
Top Bottom