Dating advice?

might be smarter than me.

The smart ones pretend that you are smarter than they are....DW as a prime example...she always tells me (and others) that I'm smarter than she is.

But I know better.

The smart ones pretend that you are smarter than they are....DW as a prime example...she always tells me (and others) that I'm smarter than she is.

But I know better.

Not so much, who wants a woman who dumbs herself down to make a guy feel good.

I'm sure your DW is a lovely woman , but those ideas went bye-bye a long time ago. There are enough pitfalls to on-line dating without this.

But I know better.

I'm sure your DW is a lovely woman , but those ideas went bye-bye a long time ago. There are enough pitfalls to on-line dating without this.

What I have learned through the years, is that intelligence is multi-faceted and our strengths may be in different types of intelligence. This is one reason why F and I complement each other and enjoy our conversations so much - - he sees certain relationships more easily than I do, and I see some big picture things better than he does; we both know this so we benefit from each other's take on various things and broaden our understanding of the world from our discussions.

I can tell F he is smarter than me (regarding some observation he may have made), without diminishing my own intelligence at all. But you're right; I'm not pretending.

Oh...she doesn't dumb herself down...she simply says I'm smarter......but in reality I've just been around longer, been to more places and experienced more.

Last edited:
What I have learned through the years, is that intelligence is multi-faceted and our strengths may be in different types of intelligence. This is one reason why F and I complement each other and enjoy our conversations so much - - he sees certain relationships more easily than I do, and I see some big picture things better than he does; we both know this so we benefit from each other's take on various things and broaden our understanding of the world from our discussions.

I can tell F he is smarter than me (regarding some observation he may have made), without diminishing my own intelligence at all. But you're right; I'm not pretending.
The late DW said my emotional IQ was zero. She was right. After 30 years and lots of help on her part, I had learned that emotions existed. She was a lot smarter in that area and could read a customer's emotional state when they walked in her door. She was a great sales person. I was good with engineering stuff...

Oh...she doesn't dumb herself down...she simply says I'm smarter......but in reality I've just been around longer, been to more places and experienced more.

It's amazing how that works isn't it, if only we were all that smart in our 20's... some people broaden their horizons and some don't. .with the WWW none have an excuse not to broaden our minds..

I always said I'm smart enough to do anything and DW was wise enough to tell me what I ought to do.

It is just as easy to fall in love with a wealthy person than it is with a poor person.

It's amazing how that works isn't it, if only we were all that smart in our 20's... some people broaden their horizons and some don't. .with the WWW none have an excuse not to broaden our minds..

A lot has to do with opportunities.....in my 20's I had already bummed around 30+ countries, while DW was still in High School/University.

Subsequently she raised her kids....and I was in Saudi...still traveling.

It wasn't until her kids were old enough to be self sufficient that she left her first marriage, returned to school and became a software developer.......comparisons are difficult, especially when they involve lives lived.

Last edited:
That's my generation and older of smart women - we were taught to "hide our brains, or you'll scare away the guys."

But brains will out, and the younger generation of smart women are too smart to worry about "scaring away" the men. If the men can't stand the heat, they can't get in the kitchen. Actually, for me that was always true. They might sniff around the kitchen door, but the appliances were off limits!

But I know better.

That's my generation and older of smart women - we were taught to "hide our brains, or you'll scare away the guys."

Upon reflection, (having absorbed some of the responses to my initial post), I guess I should have added a couple winky faces at the end - prior to the initial posting I showed it to DW who laughed.

So...here goes...;););););););)

Someone foolishly asked for pictures.
She's camera shy, but this is the profile photo that reeled her in.

Attachments

• 2016-07-08_231101184_21AA2_iOS.jpg
    2016-07-08_231101184_21AA2_iOS.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 81
Who cares about pictures? Is she a frequent trader? Or more of a Buy and Holder? How are her assets allocated? What are her beliefs about claiming Social Security?

I remember a fellow who decided that to catch me, he needed to increase his vocabulary. He even bought a vocabulary book and started practicing. One day, he informed me that I was the most callipygian woman he'd ever met.

I asked the same question. My Mother explained that it wasn't so much that men didn't like intelligence and education in women. Many men, she said, were simply afraid that smart women might laugh at them.

Well, there is truth in that. Women do laugh at men who make fools of themselves. (Just like vice versa). But only an arrogant woman would mock a man for less education or a smaller vocabulary, and who wants a cruel, arrogant mate?

Of him? He's old, bald and fat by now.

You know both the men and women of the forum are more interested in the photo of the living Venus Callipyge, but as you mention the man, I have to say that you cannot be sure that he does not look like the following photo now.

9df9d1ad30cd9203e9f509f23603b3d7.jpg

But brains will out, and the younger generation of smart women are too smart to worry about "scaring away" the men. If the men can't stand the heat, they can't get in the kitchen. Actually, for me that was always true. They might sniff around the kitchen door, but the appliances were off limits!
I like that! Lol IMO women are in most cases smarter then men. If you try to be smarter then them, it will just make you look dumb.

Last edited:
Based on the last time I saw him, at some work function some years ago, he would have had to undergo a total body and hair transplant, but thanks for the nice photo, very nice indeed.

Seriously, he had been a good-looking young man, but 20 added years meant I didn't recognize him until he introduced himself and his wife. And even then I had to look three times and it was only his eyes I recognized.

You know both the men and women of the forum are more interested in the photo of the living Venus Callipyge, but as you mention the man, I have to say that you cannot be sure that he does not look like the following photo now.

We didn't all run around with cameras on our persons back then, as we do now. So we will all have to trust that he knew what he was talking about. I know it made me laugh.

You know both the men and women of the forum are more interested in the photo of the living Venus Callipyge,

Back
Top Bottom