Day 1 - woke up at 0800

yes, it surely is!
Enjoy :)

You're doing great! My first few days of retirement I awakened around 4:30 AM. Now that I have 10+ years of retirement under my belt, I awakened at 11AM this morning. :ROFLMAO:

Retirement has been the best time of my life. :D:dance:

P.S. - - CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement!

Congrats.
Welcome to the best part of your life.

Congrats to you!

We've turned into morning log heads. We don't stay up any later than we did when w*rking, but we sure like sleeping later than we used to. No more 8 a.m. dentist appointments for us! ;) It took me about four months to adjust my internal clock. DH did it as quickly as you seem to have.

We like to start the day with Let's Make a Deal and Price is Right. Sometimes those are the most positive things of any day.

It's noon, and I'm still in bed watching TV. Been taking care of some business in my bed/desk.

Enjoy not having the inner pressure of having to get up. My first four months of retirement I slept 10 hours every night plus an afternoon nap. I now "only" need between 8-9 hours and don't usually need an afternoon nap.

When I was working I was averaging 6-7 hours. The result of all that sleeping was a weight loss of 10 pounds without a change in my diet.

As long as your didn't rise as a consequence of an alarm going off, then congrats! Otherwise, you get one demerit and must try again tomorrow. :)

I got up at 4:45a when I was working. Now 8 years into retirement, I still wake up between 5-6am most days without an alarm. Some habits die really hard, if at all... :blush:

Nice!
I been at it for 3.5 years and still get up at ~ 500 each day. Like Midpck said, some bad habits are hard to break.
Have fun!

The first 2.5 years of RE I woke up 5-5:30 like I used to. Lately I'm getting to 6+. Feels good.

day 2 - woke up at 0830

about to hit the course - FORE!

I took a buy out about 14 months ago and have been officially retired for 16 days. For the first two months of my new life I was still waking up at 05:30. After a few months it got later and later. My bed time has gone from 22:00 to whenever the heck I wanna go to bed. I've been waking up around 09:00 now and have had to set an alarm so I don't sleep the day away (like a teenager).

I can think of worse problems.

Back
Top Bottom