ER Home in Florida

We own a home on the East Coast in Merritt Island, and the West Coast in Palmetto. Both coasts have their pluses and minuses. We love boating and the water, so the Gulf Coast is great for that, plus the beaches are nicer and the water is calmer, clearer on the Gulf Coast. The East is great for the constant sea breeze, it's not as hot as Orlando or the West Coast. Less people here too, but also less public transportation, the county is the longest county in Florida, so everything is spread out. Viera is a nice, new area where lots of retirees are buying. Nice shopping at the Avenues, new VA hospital, and Space Coast Stadium for baseball. I was born in Tampa and wouldn't move back there due to the horrible traffic.

I'm in Viera and bought the house 8 years ago. Moved down from NY and glad I did. Some good values here but that is now changing fast. Now that the people who want to sell realize the prices are less than they were a few years ago folks are snapping up the bargains.

MSully76 - Thanks for your input. I guess the best approach is to simply go there and check it out.........

Back
Top Bottom