Even nursing a cold after ER helps quicker recovery

Moscyn

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just have to share this - I have been nursing a nasty cold for the week. I must say it is wonderful not to have to go to work. Before ER, the most I usually allow myself to go on sick leave is two days but now that I ER, I can rest and sleep whenever I like (I really slept a lot!). I also get to avoid the working crowd, commuting to work, the business area which is usually more polluted and the hateful air conditioning in the office - all of which does not help a speedy recovery. Now, I get to cook my meals and make hot soup. Even, do some light exercise to sweat it out. Sleep early, take naps and wake up later. I know all these activities, which I would not have had a chance to do when I was working, have contributed to a quicker recovery. I feel so much better today and it is only less than a week. I usually am sick for around 2 weeks when I had to work. It was such a torture to go to work and attend meetings, meet deadlines and try to still look smart and intelligent when all I wanted was to sleep but now, I just had to cancel 3 social appointments and I should be back to my routine by tomorrow! Another plus for ER!

.........Another plus for ER!

+1. I used to get sick often and my colds lasted way more days than I felt comfortable taking off. My belated apologies to my fellow workers.

Back
Top Bottom