Find your best city

My number one was Jefferson City, MO........

(With my humble apologizes to all of you that live in the the great state of Texas and the great Central Valley of California. I really love your fruit, nuts and vegges! And Texas barbeque is ok too ;))

Just ok? Hmmmm....

Is it good with tofu ;)

I cried hottubs of tears over you
I can't eat a bite of tofu
I've given up tai chi, and group therapy too

Austin Lounge Lizards

I imagine it would be a fine combination....;)
Tofu and BBQ? No, I just don't see it. But I'm biased in that I can't stand the nasty rubbery stuff. However, personal dislike aside, I can't imagine it. Except perhaps in the Peoples' Democratic Republic of Austin.

I can't eat a bite of tofu
I've given up tai chi, and group therapy to

Austin Lounge Lizards
I knew it.

Austin, home of vegan firefighters. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/26/national/26vegan.html?_r=5

Looks like we've got 'em worked up...eh, mb? ;)

Perhaps the combination would be a delicacy outside of the United States...

I agree with Ziggy. IMHO if you can get around the high prices and congestion you can't beat CA.

I don't think that we need to do a RE-Wahoo because the cost of living alone is enough to keep most people out ;)

MB
Didn't you get the memo? The Chamber of Commerce is no longer funded. :cool:

I agree with Ziggy. IMHO if you can get around the high prices and congestion you can't beat CA.
And if you can get around the humidity and sparsity of cultural opportunities, you can't beat flyover country? :) Really, choosing a place just depends on how you weight various positives and negatives and is very individual.

I don't think that we need to do a RE-Wahoo because the cost of living alone is enough to keep most people out ;)

I lived for six years in Northern California, and for six years in Southern California, plus the inevitable work trips there recently, so I feel I have a little familiarity with the state. It is a state with outstanding natural beauty, but still I wouldn't live there even if it was cheap, not congested, and the last ER location on earth. It just isn't for me. But be glad! I'll be one less person knocking on the door, so to speak. And the fewer people come there, the less the congestion will be. :D

well I just went thru the exercise and got 5 cities I would never think about retiring in...

maybe i should retake it?

Yes, but did you get Des Moines? And who would ever retire there unless they had family around that area?

When I put the constraint that it must be medium cost or better I get Tucson, Denver, Colorado Springs, Salt Lake and one other I can't remember. I think no Pacific states show up because of cost.

Ha

Topeka, KS
Columbia, MO
Iowa City, IA
Tyler, TX
Rochester, MN

One thing the quiz does not ask about is weather. Several of these are in Tornado Alley. :nonono:

Topeka, KS
Columbia, MO
Iowa City, IA
Tyler, TX
Rochester, MN

One thing the quiz does not ask about is weather. Several of these are in Tornado Alley. :nonono:

Ah, tornados. Nature's leaf blowers.

I'll just be in the root cellar waiting...
and checking to see if the red wine is at the right temperature...

I finally got around to doing the city-finder doo-hicky, and the closest that it came to a place I'd actually consider moving to was Johnson City, TN.

The results:
1) Tyler, TX
2) Dothan, AL
3) Abilene, TX
4)Bowling Green, KY
5) Johnson City, TN

#1 thru #3 are automatically eliminated due to climate....I DON'T like it hot! #4 is out because the climate is pretty much the same as where I'm at now, so why would I go through all the trouble to move to there?

I've occasionally pondered and daydreamed about someday maybe moving to eastern Tennessee, as that is where my ancestral roots are, besides I really like the general area around Chattanooga. So Johnson City isn't too far off the mark. And 2 of my favorite cities are only a short distance away...Atlanta and Nashville!

But since I'm very happily settled in where I am, I'm not even remotely seriously thinking about a move. And the winters aren't really that bad here....especially when viewed on the Weather Channel from a beach front hotel in Florida...I KNOW that for a fact!!! :cool:

1. Jefferson City, MO
2. Topeka, KS
3. Iowa City, IA
4. Waterloo-Cedar Falls, IA
5. Springfield, IL

Seems like a good group to choose from, but I know I'm staying put for at least 10 years

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom