Find your best city

Guess we'll have to get the word out about the proximity to Tule fog, the horrible traffic, sharks in the nearby water, uh oh, I'm running out of ideas.
Well, at least if you took 75% of the people away, the "horrible traffic" problem would go away. And if you don't go into the ocean, the only Sharks around are playing hockey.

I commuted from south San Jose to Sunnyvale for many years. 101 was horrible and opening 85 made it somewhat better, but it was still lousy. I've become really spoiled by living in a place where five cars queued up behind a red light is "heavy traffic."

Oh, but you forgot earthquakes. I was about 6 miles from the epicenter of Loma Prieta in '89 so I won't be forgetting that one...

There is a lot left out of that tool. I came up with Houston, which I love where I live but would like to move it to someplace with a climate a touch cooler than Hell on a hot day. And no Brown Recluse Spiders, Rattlesnakes, Copperheads, Fire Ants, Scorpions, etc., etc.

REW, you quitter, I ain't giving up!

Remember folks, there's more ways to die in Texas than just about anywhere else in North America. Turn that U-Haul around!

Pretty funny. My current location popped up as #5 on the list, with two nearby communities as #1 and #2. #3 is about 200 miles away.

#4 was Anchorage, Alaska. Winter in Anchorage?

do-not-want.jpg

.... I've become really spoiled by living in a place where five cars queued up behind a red light is "heavy traffic."

Suspicions confirmed, [-]Texas[/-] your unnamed state is getting to look mighty good there, cowboy.

You often hear about people "wintering" in Florida. Out here the dream is to "summer" in the northern Rockies or along the Pacific Coast or something like that...

I've said something similar to "remind me again why we haven't moved to Colorado?" almost every summer lately...

All of mine were in Texas--REW what happened to the anti-move here PR campaign?

My selections were: Tyler, Midland, Dothan, Amarillo (love the song by this name by Robert Earl Keen) and San Angelo.

They didn't ask in the questionnaire if I minded fire ants and rattlesnakes, I guess. :)

Yep me too - when I hit the South regional option.

heh heh heh - another set with bigger towns all regions put me in Des Moines - not tooo far up the road from where I am now. :D.

Guess we'll have to get the word out about the proximity to Tule fog, the horrible traffic, sharks in the nearby water, uh oh, I'm running out of ideas.

Nothing like a whopper earthquake to slow down the invaders from the east.

Ha

By gosh. I desire to retire in Monterey if my retirement travel budget allowed it :D Alas, unless I acquire more funds it will not be the case.

Apparently all things being equal the best city of all is Des Moines-West Des Moines, which is the answer if you plug in "show all cities" and answer every other question as not important.

I get LA and Orange Co; San Bernadino:confused: Sacramento:confused: and Seattle. So two of my favorite "places lived" did turn up. But I never went to San Bernadino or Sac that I didn't keep the pedal to the metal on I10 or I80!

This is a frightening result.

Ha

I get LA and Orange Co; San Bernadino:confused: Sacramento:confused: and Seattle. So two of my favorite "places lived" did turn up. But I never went to San Bernadino or Sac that I didn't keep the pedal to the metal on I10 or I80!

Ha

I live in Sacramento. And I cant wait to get out of here. Maybe the whole grass is greener syndrome.. :) But Ive lived in a few places..So I got something to compare it too. To each his own I suppose.

I live in Sacramento. And I cant wait to get out of here. Maybe the whole grass is greener syndrome.. :) But Ive lived in a few places..So I got something to compare it too. To each his own I suppose.
Can't move up a few miles into the foothills? I love it there -- the scenery, the weather, the history of the Mother Lode... if it weren't so expensive and so highly taxed in CA, I'd love to retire there.

Can't move up a few miles into the foothills? I love it there -- the scenery, the weather, the history of the Mother Lode... if it weren't so expensive and so highly taxed in CA, I'd love to retire there.

Well you got it. The expenses and taxes. The weather I can tolerate either way. To accomplish our world travel desires. :)

I answered with a "most important" answer to each question except which area of the country I wanted to live where I am totally flexible...and still comes up Des Moines.

How come the Kiplinger search didn't ask important things like how far from the beach and how far from a mountain that gets snow in the winter?

I answered with a "most important" answer to each question except which area of the country I wanted to live where I am totally flexible...and still comes up Des Moines.

The fix is in - my lips are sealed - sooo whenever anyone asks about Tonganoxie - I say nay nay - go to Des Moines.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::whistle:

heh heh heh - :cool:

1-San Jose, CA
2-Napa, CA
3-San Francisco
4-Oxnard, CA
5-San Diego

Hey, I live in San Jose.

Of course I "manipulated" the answers by inputting the pacific coast as the best location and that cost of living is unimportant but I like the results.

I agree with Ziggy. IMHO if you can get around the high prices and congestion you can't beat CA.

I don't think that we need to do a RE-Wahoo because the cost of living alone is enough to keep most people out ;)

MB

Ha

You've heard of fly-over country?

Well with the exception of the fruit stand near Davis and a couple of other select locations, I consider the whole friggin Central Valley to be drive-through country.

After all Bakersfield is a lot like Texas ;) They wear cowboy hats, drive pick-up trucks, pump a lot of oil, like country music and it is so dang hot in the summer it's only fit for lizards and rattlesnakes ;)

(You can thank me later RE-Wahoo!)

(With my humble apologizes to all of you that live in the the great state of Texas and the great Central Valley of California. I really love your fruit, nuts and vegges! And Texas barbeque is ok too ;))

MB

Spot On

Live in Sunnyvale, wihtout gaming the quiz ended up with

1 Pueblo Co
2 St Goerge Ut

No Des Moines...

1. Huntsville, AL Metro Area
2. Durham, NC Metro Area
3. Ann Arbor, MI Metro Area
4. Trenton-Princeton, NJ Metro Area
5. Fort Collins-Loveland, CO Metro Area

And Texas barbeque is ok too ;))MB
Just ok? Hmmmm....

Two of the cities listed for me were in TX. Of course neither one is the TX city I live in, but close enough. After all, I'm just 306.03 miles away from China Grove.

Back
Top Bottom