For Better or For Worse I retired today

Kitty

Recycles dryer sheets
For better or worse I retired today; I went in early turned in my gear signed a few legal papers got my watch and plaque.
I even had a cup of coffee with the administrator and I left. I heard the door lock click behind me as I left the building; with that click 18 years with that government agency came to a close.
Now on to the next adventure; I have the house up for sale, the truck is reserved and most of the junk (I mean furnishings) are packed now a few lose ends to tie up and I am off to the farm in Kentucky and a whole new phase of my life begins.
Kitty :D

Congratulations Kitty, welcome to the wonderful world of the deliberately unemployed. :D

Kitty said:
...I heard the door lock click behind me as I left the building...

Yep, that's a wonderful frightening heck of a sound, isn't it? ;)

REWahoo! said:
Congratulations Kitty, welcome to the wonderful world of the deliberately unemployed. :D

Yep, that's a wonderful frightening heck of a sound, isn't it? ;)

Yes, it is a wonderful and frightening sound; the first because it means you have retired :D and second you can't go back :confused:.

Kitty

Congrats Kitty.
Enjoy your new pasture. :)

Congrats! One door closes and many more open.

Congratulations Kitty.

Looking forward to reading your blog about your farm escapades.

Good luck Kitty, I'm envious , may your retirement on your farm be all you dreamed about.

Kitty said:
Yes, it is a wonderful and frightening sound; the first because it means you have retired :D and second you can't go back :confused:.

Kitty

Congratulations. Hope your farm turns out to be all you want it to be. I should be doing my exit next year but am still a bit scared of the can't go back. I have however set myself a final working day of Sept 01, 2007 with the option of going before. I will miss most of the people I work with but am bored out of my tree.

good luck
Bruce

Congrats Kitty,
I hope you enjoy what freedom has is store for you!

Congratulations from me too. Enjoy Kentucky and I hope your house sells fast.

Congratulations, Kitty. Come on in, the water's fine. Update us in about 6 months; bet you're very, very happy.

Congrats and enjoy the blue grass. :)

MJ

Hello Kitty!

Congrats on the retirement, and enjoy your new adventures. I guess you give a new definition to the phrase "bought the farm"! Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

Kitty said:
For better or worse I retired today; I went in early turned in my gear signed a few legal papers got my watch and plaque.
I even had a cup of coffee with the administrator and I left. I heard the door lock click behind me as I left the building; with that click 18 years with that government agency came to a close.
Now on to the next adventure; I have the house up for sale, the truck is reserved and most of the junk (I mean furnishings) are packed now a few lose ends to tie up and I am off to the farm in Kentucky and a whole new phase of my life begins.
Kitty   :D

MAZEL TOV!!!!!!!

Old Irish saying;
May the wind always be at yer back
May each bagel be schmeared with cream cheese
May the lox be fresh and not so salty
And may each day be full of pleasure and freilach

jug

Congratulations Kitty! I have 1 more week off work and then it is back to the grindstone. It must be nice to know that you don't have to go back!! Enjoy and I will continue reading your blog!!!

Dreamer

jug said:
MAZEL TOV!!!!!!!

Old Irish saying;
May the wind always be at yer back
May each bagel be schmeared with cream cheese
May the lox be fresh and not so salty
And may each day be full of pleasure and freilach

jug

oooomain :D

That lock is not to keep you out, rather it's to keep the rest of us poor suckers in! :'(

Have fun :D

Congratulations and best wishes on your retirement!!! Keep us all posted on what you are doing. My DH retired 2 months now and loves it. No regrets at all. I am still working full time :mad:

Back
Top Bottom