Forbes -- Best (cheap) overseas locales

In Depth: World's Best Places To Be An Expat

No. 2 (Tie): U.S.
Longevity: No. 3
Earn And Save: No. 5
Luxurious: No. 6
Accommodation: No. 2
Expats often get posted to corporate headquarters and command high salaries. Especially for Europeans, who are used to the high cost of living within the euro zone, life can get a lot more luxurious in the U.S.

so i guess we should just stay put?

But the US is such a large country. Where, where in the US of A?

I've read that a recent survey of British nationals showed that a large percentage of them (do not remember, but perhaps >40%) responded that they planned to retire outside the country, due to the high cost of living. Some even think of coming to the US. An article written for these Brits told them to be sure to have plenty of money for health care. Ours is the most expensive, and gives them sticker shocks.

Pedo, can I just say how much I love your, um, location?
Good luck with those cats, to say nothing of the rest of your kidnappers!
:)

Here's a link to a Forbes article about places to live or even w*rk overseas. I guess it could apply to FIRE folks too.

World's Best Places To Be An Expat - Forbes.com

-- Pedorrero, hostage to a depreciating house, three cats, and ex's :duh:furniture in central FL. But hey, I have a lot of free time! :D

Oh, and we were just talking about central Florida in another thread. I was saying that central FL reminded me of central CA minus the nearby mountains and streams, but east butt plug is, um, so much more descriptive.

They reran Kansas - I mean The Wizard of Oz last night on cable.

Tonganoxie's only about a half hour drive or so from Arrow Head Stadium. You can always watch the other team.

heh heh heh - of course there is 'that other sport' nearby - er baseball I think they call it? :cool:. I renewed my Passport in 2006 - but may end up doing the - see the USA in your Chevrolet thing again this year.

Back
Top Bottom