Happy Monday Everyone!

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK...so it's more directed to those that are actually retired, but it can serve as a little motivation who are still on the w*rk grind! The weather has been beautiful that last couple of weeks and that has made the weekends in the neighborhood somewhat annoying...lots of sounds that disturb my nice, quiet enjoyment. You know...weedeaters, blowers, children running around acting like..well, children. But now that it's Monday, all the w*rking folks have returned to the salt mines, it's very quiet and enjoyable.

As you can see, I am wearing my Monday best, enjoy some fabulous coffee and listen to nothing but the sweet sounds of the young birds who are enjoying the great weather too.

I LOVE MONDAYS!!! :D

Attachments

• Retired.jpg
    Retired.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 30
OK...so it's more directed to those that are actually retired, but it can serve as a little motivation who are still on the w*rk grind! The weather has been beautiful that last couple of weeks and that has made the weekends in the neighborhood somewhat annoying...lots of sounds that disturb my nice, quiet enjoyment. You know...weedeaters, blowers, children running around acting like..well, children. But now that it's Monday, all the w*rking folks have returned to the salt mines, it's very quiet and enjoyable.

As you can see, I am wearing my Monday best, enjoy some fabulous coffee and listen to nothing but the sweet sounds of the young birds who are enjoying the great weather too.

Only 7 more Mondays at work for me! And two of those Mondays are holidays. 50 calendar days left.

+1

Totally agree, but I have to say that you're one of the really lucky ones if you don't get subjected to weed-eaters, lawn mowers, and leaf blowers on weekday mornings. In my neighborhood it is pretty much a week-long assault on the ears due to how many people around me use landscaping services. If I didn't know better, I'd think my neighbors are intentionally hiring companies that only come out before 9:00am with the specific intent of waking up all the retired folks happily tucked away in their beds.

I'm with you dude, most weekends I try to avoid going out and battling the crowds, it's worse than the plague. M-F is my weekend, no crowds, no traffic jams, and taking my good old time doing whatever the hell I want.

Only 7 more Mondays at work for me! And two of those Mondays are holidays. 50 calendar days left.

I have 8 more Mondays. My last day is 7/15.

I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm a bit apprehensive, because the fun parts of my job are really fun. So I'm glad to read how much others are enjoying retirement. I know I will too.

Happy Monday!

I was just feeling a little guilty for enjoying my coffee and my sunny (finally after 2 1/2 weeks of rain!) backyard while DH is away on a business trip. I RE back in November but been traveling. Today is actually the first sunny day since we've been back, and the realization that I'm actually retired is settling in....Yes, it's sunny outside, so of course I'm gonna work on the garden later, but having coffee at 10:38 am with nothing else accomplished other than surfing the net, is totally OK!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1463409029.523818.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1463409029.523818.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 25
Today is my 2nd-to-last Monday! I imagine next Monday won't even feel like one

Another ode to Mondays

I love Mondays! I am dressed even more casually this morning than Flyboy5; no shoes and no socks, anyway, barefoot with comfy shorts and T. :D

The trash truck awakened me at 7 AM promptly this morning, but after it left I went right back to sleep for a couple of hours. Too bad! I slept so late that I completely missed the morning traffic report and watching all those poor commuters enduring what we no longer have to endure. It's probably mean of me to enjoy that, but I do.

Mondays are gym days for us. The Voice is on tonight, I believe, so I can look forward to that. And, the market is open so we get to see whether it drops as predicted or gives us a happy surprise.

It's been 161 Mondays since I've retired...hoping for many more!

Enjoying life!

+1

Totally agree, but I have to say that you're one of the really lucky ones if you don't get subjected to weed-eaters, lawn mowers, and leaf blowers on weekday mornings. In my neighborhood it is pretty much a week-long assault on the ears due to how many people around me use landscaping services. If I didn't know better, I'd think my neighbors are intentionally hiring companies that only come out before 9:00am with the specific intent of waking up all the retired folks happily tucked away in their beds.
My lawn guy and his assistant arrive like clockwork at 7:50 AM on Wednesdays. They really do need to start early because of the oppressive heat here in New Orleans. He mows and edges almost all the houses nearby too. I don't mind his early arrival time at all once a week, and I choose to get up before he arrives. He and his assistant can finish mowing and edging all the lawns pretty fast since they are right next to each other, and so he is usually gone by 11.

Now, on the weekends it's amateur time. The one or two neighbors who are still mowing their own lawns get out there and mow. I feel sorry for them because very few would choose to spend their weekend time mowing if they had any other choice.

By the looks of that coffee mug, we both worked for the same outfit!;)

Thanks for the reminder it's Monday.

_B

Monday is by far my favorite day of the week. It's the best day to conduct business, as everyone that is w*rking is fresh from their weekend and they have pleasant attitudes and smiles to greet you. By Friday, they are grumpy and frazzled. Today is the day to call Chase to see if they will waive an annual fee on a credit card, run down a medical bill I should not have gotten, and call Vanguard to how they got a bizarre cost basis on a mutual fund that was converted to a brokerage account. Want to get everything done by noon, before folks get tired and cranky.

Happy Monday! :)

I spent most of the morning binge watching a new show (after my regular 1 mile walk to school with the kids). I cut up a nice cantaloupe and some apple for a fruit bowl. Windows are open, very nice day out today.

DW has been outside pruning and weeding and cleaning out the shed all morning. I'm about to join her and work on the car we're about to sell. Tinker with refilling the AC refrigerant, replace some interior linings in the trunk.

I love Mondays! I am dressed even more casually this morning than Flyboy5; no shoes and no socks, anyway, barefoot with comfy shorts and T. :D

The trash truck awakened me at 7 AM promptly this morning, but after it left I went right back to sleep for a couple of hours. Too bad! I slept so late that I completely missed the morning traffic report and watching all those poor commuters enduring what we no longer have to endure. It's probably mean of me to enjoy that, but I do.

Mondays are gym days for us. The Voice is on tonight, I believe, so I can look forward to that. And, the market is open so we get to see whether it drops as predicted or gives us a happy surprise.

Well, around the house I normally don't wear any shoes, so for the "special" picture, I broke out the house slippers. I didn't think it would be very nice to subject everyone to my busted up hooves! :D

Well, around the house I normally don't wear any shoes, so for the "special" picture, I broke out the house slippers. I didn't think it would be very nice to subject everyone to my busted up hooves! :D

Ha ha!!! :2funny: I understand. I was going to take a photo of my bare feet to illustrate the post, but after looking at them decided, uh, nope... not ready for prime time exactly. :D

I'm with you dude, most weekends I try to avoid going out and battling the crowds, it's worse than the plague. M-F is my weekend, no crowds, no traffic jams, and taking my good old time doing whatever the hell I want.

Same here. I don't even play golf on weekends due to all the working stiffs clogging the course. I played golf this morning and the course was wide open for my group. Life is good. :)

Same here. I don't even play golf on weekends due to all the working stiffs clogging the course. I played golf this morning and the course was wide open for my group. Life is good. :)

Mondays are a great day to get things done. I had my semi-annual dental cleaning late this morning. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes and went to the store for the week's groceries...of course, there was really no one there. Total time away from my paradise I call home? About an hour and 10 minutes. :dance:

I'm with you Dawg, golf during the week is great ! Played a Nicklaus course last week with no one in front of us and teed off at 1000 am with my foursome and finished by 1:30, home by 2pm, showered, martini by 3pm and life is good.

I'm with you Dawg, golf during the week is great ! Played a Nicklaus course last week with no one in front of us and teed off at 1000 am with my foursome and finished by 1:30, home by 2pm, showered, martini by 3pm and life is good.

For those of us still at work (as I am at this very moment), your words are very cruel and may be considered hate speech :LOL:

(but since I only have 13 w*&k days until retirement, I will shut up and return to my duties)

Back
Top Bottom