How often do you shave? (Those of us who do that is)

Usually every other day, but sometimes I'm lazy and let it go another day. By then it is bothering me so much I can't stand it...not to mention the fact that my luck decreases the more scraggly I get. When I worked, I shaved Sun-Fri, and took Sat off, along with any holidays. My face needed at least one day of rest, but since we go to church on Sundays, Saturday became my face's day of rest.

R

I wear a CPAP at night, and if I don't shave every other day- It leaks around my cheeks.

I get busy and sometimes go four or five days without shaving. Never did that when working. Any thoughts on a good electric razor? I actually hate to shave but I also do not want to look homeless:facepalm: I turn 66 next week and when one gets my age normally our eyesight gets worse. I put on my reading glasses and then look close in the mirror and what I see is rough around the edges:cool: then I shave. I need a good electric razor so I hope someone has a suggestion. oldtrig

I need to shave at least once every 3 days or I begin to look like a gray faced old guy.

Same here. Since I FIRED 6 weeks ago, I find myself shaving every 3/4 days. Man that grey came on fast!:blush:

Me - too often

DW - not often enough

Daily when I have to go to work or something where it is expected, otherwise every second or third day.

Every day, otherwise I look like an unemployed derelict. Oh wait, I am one.

When I am in the USA, I tend to shave about 4 times per week. It is socially acceptable to not be clean shaven there.

In Asia, I shave at least 6 days per week. Being clean shaven is more important here in Asia. I also keep my hair length shorter here, something I *much* prefer anyway.

I once told my female cousin jokingly, you should feel sorry for us guys, our whole lives we have to shave our faces, this hair won't stop growing. To which her reply was, "When you have something like a period each month, I will feel for you." And, after thinking for a moment, I told her, you know what, you are absolutely right, shaving is not so bad . . .

I shave when I feel too grungy, or, when I'll be out in public and want to look respectable.

As for keeping busy, that's never been a problem: I have plenty of hobbies and interests. And as much as I enjoy my hobbies, I do like to take breaks from them sometimes - then I feel rejuvenated when I get back to them. A lazy 90+ balmy day for me might just involve a lawn chair outside under the shade tree, and a stack of books - and that never feels like a wasted day.

I would be interested in a good recommendation for an electric (cordless even, maybe) too.

I've had a Norelco (triple swivel head) for years and like it very much. Not the type you use in the shower, just a plain old Norelco. It's cordless but needs recharging about every four days. May be something better out there. I'm not saying it's as good as a razor blade shave but good enough for everyday and quick.

Every day, otherwise I look like an unemployed derelict. Oh wait, I am one.

Walt, my proper name, as assigned to me when I was in the Navy is Larro-the-Darro {lict}

On a related hair topic, I cut my hair tonight. I do it every couple of months. I used to try to wait three months and do when the seasons changed, but that was too long. The last time I paid for a haircut was in November of 1983. Don't know what they cost these days, but I have saved a few dollars.

I've had a Norelco (triple swivel head) for years and like it very much. Not the type you use in the shower, just a plain old Norelco. It's cordless but needs recharging about every four days. May be something better out there. I'm not saying it's as good as a razor blade shave but good enough for everyday and quick.

Ditto that. I would say I use the cordless Norelco most days because its fast and easy (just like I use my gas grill most days for the same reason). Other days I simply feel like a quality closer shave so I'll use a disposable safety dual track razor ( kind of like when I use the Weber grill with real lump charcoal instead of the gas grill).

I'm still w*rking so I shave M-F now and sometimes Sundays if I feel like it. On vacation I might shave 3 times per week. I'd guess when I FIRE that would be my routine.

Last edited:
About 2 - 3 times a week. My facial hair is like the bristles on a wire brush, so I can't use an electric razor.

I actually use a high end disposable that has 6 razor strips on it. Never a nick or a cut. AND, I brush it backwards on my forearm about a dozen times after I use it to "resharpen" it and carefully shake it dry. A disposable cartridge lasts me about 4 - 6 months ! Which is good because man those things are expensive. But, some things are worth paying for.

[QUOTE=".......if you are the least (and I mean least) bit musically inclined or ever wanted to play an instrument, pick up a ukulele. I have 7 now :) Seriously fun and easy and satisfies any musical ambition you might have. [/QUOTE]

+1 . I found myself having a bit more time lately and decided to learn to play the piano - always wanted to but never put myself to it. Well, I've finished 4 classes and have signed up for more. I really like it though it is hard. Just playing the piano and singing some lyrics make me feel so good. Currently, I only play a few very basic beginner songs and I already am happy. It must be wonderful to be able to play more difficult songs!

I have a heavy beard so it is every day with an occasional day off, like if I am sick and just staying in all day.

When I was dating, I used to do it before going out in the evening too. I keep Gillette profitable by using their Gel as well as the blades.

I get my hair cut every 6 weeks. But I will shave my neck every week.

(I have to trim the hairs on and in my nose every week. And I trim my chest hairs when they are taking over the top of t-shirts. I trim my ears and eyebrows every 2 weeks. The salt and pepper look is getting saltier every year. One eyebrow is salty and the other all pepper.)

Still working. Every other day.

Unless I have an important meeting or a job interview, then I'll make sure I'm freshly shaved.

When I was w*rking, at least in my last few years, I usually shaved every other day. Once retired, I did it when I (or more likely) DW couldn't stand it any more. A few years back, went to mustache/goatee and recently to a full beard. Not sure how long I'll stick with it as I must color some of it to look half way decent. As a younger man, I had a "rainbow" beard (brown, blond, black, red). Now, it's sort of two-tone - blond and gray.

Surprised the ladies haven't joined the discussion. DW has typically shaved more often (and more area) than I. As long as I could keep her away from my razors, we got along fine. I bought the cheap dispo-razors for both of us (by the bag) - just so I wouldn't end up with one of her used razors. I always knew when it was time to buy a new bag as my morning shave would start with a sharp tug and then a scream (mine), followed by a TP bandage. I finally switched to an electric, but had to buy her one as well. She always clogged my electric. YMMV

Whenever I plan to go somewhere that I think a clean-shaven face would be more appropriate than not.

On average, that seems to mean 2-3 times a week, but sometimes considerably longer. DW doesn't seem to mind, so it works for me.
+1

Back
Top Bottom