I am watching 'The Office' as I type this.............

C

Cut-Throat

If anyone wonders why they hated work in an office environment and have forgotten. Just watch one episode of this sitcom and it will be brought clearly into focus.

No wonder why I felt so stupid just being there at times. :-\

I've told myself that if "The Office" is still around come Summer, 2006.... I just might watch it from time to time to remind me why I ER'd effective May 1, 2006.

However, I would think that anyone who is currently a Corporarate slave AND currently watches "The Office" to have strong S&M tendencies.

AltaRed said:
I've told myself that if "The Office" is still around come Summer, 2006.... I just might watch it from time to time to remind me why I ER'd effective May 1, 2006.

However, I would think that anyone who is currently a Corporarate slave AND currently watches "The Office" to have strong S&M tendencies.

In uderstand this completely. I don't watch lawyer shows or movies, no matter what. DW and friends know this, and yet don't quite understand. But I used to get (now less often by a long shot) the nonsense on a daily basis and didn't need to see it while I was home.
Uncledrz

I wasn't in politics for work, but with all the crap going on in US politics these days I have a hard time watching politically themed shows like West Wing or that new one with Gina Davis.

I do watch Criminal Law lawyer shows, that seems so far removed from what I did... but I'm with you about the rest of the lawyer shows. Although if they made shows about real estate or estate planning law it would be cancelled pretty quickly (so boring!)

Have you seen the original BBC "The Office" it was funnier, but the American version is pretty funny.

I think "The Office" is very funny, but I can't stand it.

I'm an RN and have never seen an episode of ER, the only medical show worth watching is Scrubs.

Judy

Scrubs is funny :D - I like the janitor messing with the residents! :D

Scrubs was hysterical in the first season, I found it a lot less funny and more appealing to the dopey masses after that. I watched half of one episode of 'The Office" and found it too similar to real working life. Yuck.

I think I could enjoy The Office if, at the end of every episode, someone shot the boss.

I tried watching "The Office" for the first time tonight.

I lasted about 30 seconds.

Are you guys watching the US "Office" remake or the original BBC version? I haven't seen the US version, but rented the BBC version. Some parts were so uncomfortable the laughter was definitly "nervous". My husband despised the show due to its mean- spiritedness. I thought it was excellent and original.

Scrubs and Arrested Development are my two other favorites.

Back
Top Bottom