I'm done

JmfromTx

Recycles dryer sheets
I got the last day behind me and it was the best day I've ever had at work. The weather was beautiful and I had folks congratulating me all day (all week, month). And it was sincere. At 3 I picked up my lunch box and declined a ride to the gate and made the walk one last time. No fear, no anticipation, just total happiness. I really felt I deserved it and it felt good.

Good for you JM, even if it was raining it would have been a good day. (heh)

Congratulations. You are a better man than me. I left right after lunch.

I got the last day behind me and it was the best day I've ever had at work. The weather was beautiful and I had folks congratulating me all day (all week, month). And it was sincere. At 3 I picked up my lunch box and declined a ride to the gate and made the walk one last time. No fear, no anticipation, just total happiness. I really felt I deserved it and it felt good.
:dance::clap::dance::clap:

Woohoo for you! ;) So what have you got planned for the rest of your life!

Yeah baby. You're free.

Sounds like a great last day at the job. Welcome to your new world.

Enjoy! :clap:

YOU... DID... GO... ALL... THE... WAY!!!!

What a great post. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

I like short posts packed with tons of happiness. Congratulations! Now what? When you go into town to shop or to a movie, try walking around without that silly smile on your face. People will wonder what you're up to. On second thought, keep the smile. :biggrin:

Congrats! I like your approach of declining the ride and walking out the gates instead.

I left at 11am.

I left at 7pm. It wasn't any different than previous work days - first in and (usually) last out. Well, the only difference this time was I turned in my ID badge on my way out. There weren't any last minute glimpses over my shoulder as I pulled out of the parking garage. There definitely haven't been any regrets.

I had been preparing for the "final day" for so long it was almost a non-event for me. However, it took me a year to quit waking up before 5am.

The best part about retirement for me is not having to go anywhere if
(a) the weather is bad - definition is open-ended or
(b) I don't want to.

I just got up. Got my coffee and if anything it feels better than yesterday. I finally understand the smile thing everyone talks about. I think I my jaw muscles have settled into a permanent grin.

Congrats! I like your approach of declining the ride and walking out the gates instead.

+1 - that walk must have felt so good.

I just got up. Got my coffee and if anything it feels better than yesterday. I finally understand the smile thing everyone talks about. I think I my jaw muscles have settled into a permanent grin.

Congratulations - great feeling to have.

Congrats, I bet that first cup of coffee as FIRE'd is great. Counting the days until Mar 2013.

Back
Top Bottom