Jon Stewart on life after The Daily Show

Jon's attitude toward leaving the Daily Show mirrors mine about ER'ing. My j*b/career was something I loved but I completed it. The future looked like I would be going back to stuff I had done 10 years earlier. I was done with it. It was time to move on.

Yeah, it resonated with me too. I could have continued with my career for many more years, but I had accomplished everything I set out to and much more.

Like Jon, I miss many of my co-workers, but there was little joy or challenge left in the job. Watching a continuous stream of bright-eyed newbies "discovering" what I had learned long before is rewarding for a while, but it gets boring eventually...

Last edited:
Completion is how I am approaching moving on from a business that I poured my life into. It was necessary, all the years of endless stress and planning, and it paid off in the end as I had hoped ( although I am still part time for another 12 months). But, I am moving on, and I feel great that the new owners can run with it without my day to day involvement. I have not been adding value to the business for the last 2 years or so - it is time to move on, on to other things that have been dormant for so long.

Completion is how I am approaching moving on from a business that I poured my life into. It was necessary, all the years of endless stress and planning, and it paid off in the end as I had hoped ( although I am still part time for another 12 months). But, I am moving on, and I feel great that the new owners can run with it without my day to day involvement. I have not been adding value to the business for the last 2 years or so - it is time to move on, on to other things that have been dormant for so long.
You're lucky to have been able to leave at your peak. I too poured my life and life's work into a business and just as it was starting to blossom I got a purchase offer I couldn't refuse. I left feeling like I had a lot more to give and do, and for awhile felt melancholy about what could've been.

I got over it though. :cool:

Last edited:
Jon Stewart just signed a 4 year deal with HBO. It will be interesting to see which path he takes next.

Back
Top Bottom