Just wanted to mention.....

TomSimpsonAZ

Recycles dryer sheets
That this 25 year old secretly hates this forum on the board.........charge up your life alert batteries, I'm wiping vasoline in your tub/shower.

:-*

Yea....it is a Monday....*sigh*

Talk louder, type larger. Heed my signature.

TomSimpsonAZ said:
That this 25 year old secretly hates this forum on the board.........charge up your life alert batteries, I'm wiping vasoline in your tub/shower.

:-*

Yea....it is a Monday....*sigh*

Since I'm the moderator of this forum, I'll take that as a compliment! :) I guess I am doing my job then! :D

I have conducted a thorough self-examination and I find no evidence of any guilty feelings.

Talked with BIL the other day and I had to ask him what day it was. "It's Sunday. What kind of idiot doesn't recognize the weekend when he sees it?" I laughed when I told him that in my world, Every day is Sunday.

Hmmmm

Not knowing the day in ER(13th yr) - is ok - but I've been known to do the 'Oh crap, it's rush hour' bit when I leave on an errand/trip and don't pay attention to the time.

heh heh heh heh

I'd like to think of retirement as eternal Saturday morning. At least, that's my favorite time of the weekend. I get a rush on Friday when I get out of the office, but still have to wind down a bit and I'm sometimes a bit frazzled. But then Saturday morning I wake up relaxed, knowing I have the whole weekend ahead of me, and can do whatever I want. Either get up and be productive or just veg for a bit longer. But by the time Sunday comes around, I'm starting to think of the weekend being over, and so it's not quite so much of a happy day.

Sunday is always "oh crap, I gotta mow the lawn, do laundry, fix the toilet and leaky pipe, change the furnace filter, run some more errands, and try to watch that show I tivo'd last Monday" day. Things I should have completed on Saturday... :D

Interesting differences in philosophies here. I always saw Friday afternoons as a joyous occasion until I got home and started looking at the weekend schedule. Saturdays were full of mowing lawns, home repair projects, coaching kids' teams, etc., etc. Sundays were the lazy days to read the paper, eat a late breakfast, go see a movie, do some shopping, etc. Sunday evenings were when the dread of Monday mornings started to creep in and harsh my mellow.

Yea the main need for day-of-week awareness has to do with rush hour traffic, transit schedules, and crowds at the mall.

Back
Top Bottom