Join Early Retirement Today

Milestone Day
Old 05-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Milestone Day

Yesterday I turned in my retirement papers. Final wok day will be June 29,2007. Last evening watching the river flow by after sunset I thought back to all of the jobs I've held over 40 years. I can't say anyone one of them was a job I loved. Liked several of of them at the start but all seemed to become mundane in time. One note is that I've known or been married to DW for the entire time. Maybe its my INTP personality but w^^k has never really been an interest. Solving problems yes routine stuff no.

Really looking forward to every day being a Saturday. Yes I plan to do anything I want when asked "What will you do all day".

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Congratulations Coastie! One month to go then freedom to choose what you do all day.

Life is great knowing you don't have to go to work every morning.

Good luck to you and your DW and have a Happy ER.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I want to add my congrats as well!

I imagine you almost feel giddy. Wouldn't it be great if you could bottle the feeling? I'd buy a case or two!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Happy ER to you !
Working for the big G can wear one down over the years. You will enjoy the feeling of not having to report for duty at anyone's whim. Your the Skipper now so what you say goes. Enjoy
Kitty
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by USK Coastie View Post
Yesterday I turned in my retirement papers. Final wok day will be June 29,2007. Last evening watching the river flow by after sunset I thought back to all of the jobs I've held over 40 years. I can't say anyone one of them was a job I loved. Liked several of of them at the start but all seemed to become mundane in time. One note is that I've known or been married to DW for the entire time. Maybe its my INTP personality but w^^k has never really been an interest. Solving problems yes routine stuff no.

Really looking forward to every day being a Saturday. Yes I plan to do anything I want when asked "What will you do all day".
Congrats, DW's and my er date is June 29th also.
You got me thinking about what my work has meant to me over the last 30 years or so. I ran a paving business for about 18 years. I would work 7 days a week for about 8 months a year. I would take a break for a while on Sundays and DW and I would just drive around and talk. It took her a while to notice that I was driving by the jobs I did the previous week. I really enjoyed the work when I was younger and had a lot of pride in it. I still have pride now but it's been years since I've enjoyed it.
Best wishes, ronc
Old 05-31-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Congrats Coastie on handing in your papers. I'm sure the next month will fly by and before you know it you will be constantly asked "so what do you do all day"?

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote