New Blender Suggestion

kannon

Recycles dryer sheets
Evening All -

Our Nutribullet died today. It served us pretty well although never fully happy with quality (i.e., smoothness) of smoothies.

Looking for quality blender - makes smooth smoothies, durable, easy to clean. Like green smoothies and has worked well with spinach, but like to try kale. So need a really strong blender.

As a recent retiree, we are enjoying our new hobbies. Cooking is one of them. So willing to splurge for quality - thinking Vitamix or Blendtec. Or a different brand.

Any experiences, good or bad, with blenders?

Thanks

DW loves or vitamix. she has had several of the other brands, and they were all poorly made in comparison to the vitamix (in fact they all broke), in her opinion. and DW is very picky about kitchen appliances.

Costco often has good prices on Vitamix. Only blender I would consider.

Vitamix. We got one of their reconditioned models to save a few bucks. Very happy with it. One thing we learned. For making single person smoothies, the tall 64oz canister works better. Our first Vitamix was the shorter/wider container but we returned it. The wider base of the shorter canister doesn't handle small amounts as well as the narrower/taller canister.

DW purchased our vitamix on QVC during a special they were running. DW had a ninja, sunbeam, nutribullet, and still has the kitchen aid, but the vitamix works better.. she gave away the ninja because "the razor blades inside" bothered her. So only the sunbeam and nutribullet broke. DW wishes she would have paid the extra for the vitamix earlier, she says it is worth it.

Last edited:
Costco often has good prices on Vitamix. Only blender I would consider.

How about Blendtec? I think it’s as good as Vitamix if not better especially a Blendtec with a twister.

Last edited:
My DIL had her heart set on a Vitamix. We are not too far from Cleveland, where Vitamix is located. There is a factory outlet store nearby and I went there and bought a nice model at a very good price. My son had asked ahead of time if a reconditioned one was acceptable and she was fine with that as long as it was RED.

The store had exactly what I was looking for and they even took it out of the box to check it as it was a return. It was perfect, just like new!

DIL was thrilled with it and they use it everyday for smoothies. She also makes soups and is now starting on baby food as their son is 5 months old.

I think I paid $320 including tax. I’m not a blender person but if I needed one I’d go for a Vitamix.

We've had a Vitamix for > 10 years and use it almost daily - Love it ! And the company has supplied a few replacement parts @ n/c when we needed them. (Accessories, not a broken machine).

Rich

The Blendtec is an excellent blender, have had mine for over 5 years. Had a Ninja before that and there is no comparison.

Bought a reconditioned C-series Professional Vitamix blender direct from factory. Makes smoothies, soup (mixes so fast it heats and blends ingredients in 6 or 7 minutes), ice cream and even has a wash cycle. If you have a small kitchen or not much storage space you would want to think twice about this blender. It's almost 2 feet tall from bottom of base to top of mixing container.
My girlfriend uses a Ninja for smoothies and has had good luck with her's. She's had it for a few years and hasn't had any problems blending "green" smoothies.

My girlfriend uses a Ninja for smoothies and has had good luck with her's. She's had it for a few years and hasn't had any problems blending "green" smoothies.

That was the biggest issue I had with the Ninja, the green smoothies came out chunky. With the Blentec I replaced it with the green smoothies have a nice creamy consistency.

I have Blendtec Classic 570 which I bought at Costco when they had it for $350 or less. It came with 8 years of warranty. The base motor stopped running after a move down south in the summer. It was replaced with the newer slightly different version of the one I bought. I think they emailed me a UPS shipping label to ship the non-working blender and I did not have to pay for shipping as far as I can remember.

Costco has both Blendtec and Vitamix. Sometimes they go on sale. One advantage of BlendTec over all other blenders is that the blades are not sharp. You can run your fingers and hands over it: when cleaning or accidentally. It will not cut your fingers like sharper blades in other brands would. You can also use the same jar for nuts. With other models you will need a different jar with different blades for nuts. If you use the jar for nuts, the jar will get scratched.

I have read that Starbucks uses Blendtec blenders. Both Blendtec and Vitamix have similar capabilities. Several Vitamix blenders have tamper to breakup air bubbles. It all comes to preferences.

Bought a reconditioned C-series Professional Vitamix blender direct from factory. Makes smoothies, soup (mixes so fast it heats and blends ingredients in 6 or 7 minutes), ice cream and even has a wash cycle. If you have a small kitchen or not much storage space you would want to think twice about this blender. It's almost 2 feet tall from bottom of base to top of mixing container.

I have a quite small kitchen. The Vitamix blender does not stay out on the counter. It’s stored in the pantry, as are several other appliances, so no problem.

I have a quite small kitchen. The Vitamix blender does not stay out on the counter. It’s stored in the pantry, as are several other appliances, so no problem.

There is a shorter version of the jar/blender. You could keep the jar out of the base if only the height is the issue.

We use our blender everyday so we don’t worry about putting it away. It has its own spot on the counter for the base and the canister sits on the pad we use to drain the few dishes we hand wash. We don’t belong to the clean counter clan, though I certainly respect those who are and can pull it off.

Still using a Hamilton Beach, bought for $12 at Target in 1993.

I think old blenders worked great. My old blender years back in the '80s had a glass jar instead of plastic, and the motor was strong. The jar came off the base and I had to throw it away, but it had power.

Vitamix. Bought mine at Costco about 5 years ago. Use it many times a week. Love it.

The Blendtec is an excellent blender, have had mine for over 5 years. Had a Ninja before that and there is no comparison.

The Blendtec seems to be pretty powerful.

Check out their "Will It Blend" series of videos on Youtube. Nothing stops a Blendtec.

Vitamix here. Use it daily during the summer and less frequently in the winter. Works perfectly for us...

Back
Top Bottom