nm

Re: Really enjoying ER today...........................

It's even 10 degrees warmer justy to your south in Iowa, and I'm about to pull out the Chard myself and hope the grill doesn't cook things too fast so I can sit out here a little longer. My neighbor just ERed Friday and he's coming over for a glass if he can get the silly grin off his face!

setab

Ah Yes Spring.

It's a comfortable 75 degrees here in my windowless office. I cracked open a fresh Diet Dr. Pepper. The co-workers are chasing each other running around. The steady hum of the florescent lights.

Now that's what it's all about...

Cut-Throat said:
Spring has struck in Minnesota finally. It's 55 degrees and beautiful sunshine and no wind. I'm sitting here on my deck this afternoon sunning myself. 8) I have my Wireless laptop and a Glass of Chardonay. The birds are singing their spring mating calls and the chimpmunks are chasing each other around.

Actually, I've never been more pleased with retirement! - It's Tuesday afternoon and most of World is working. This is what it's about. 8)

Amazing coincidence, C-T. I'm also sitting out on my deck in the beautiful sunshne. It's 84 degrees as I sip my glass of iced tea and relish the joys of ER by gloating a little, posting this and making those who are still working feel bad. :)

However, the birds are a little hard to hear as the wind is blowing the sound of earth moving equipment from the new rock quarry under construction two miles away. :rant: The wind is also carrying a whiff of my septic system this way. There's normally no odor but someone ::) allowed the chlorinator to run out and...well, sh!t happens! :p

Think I'll go back inside...

Cut-Throat said:
It's Tuesday afternoon and most of World is working. This is what it's about. 8)
Just got back from surfing 4-6 feet of corduroy at White Plains Beach. I'm enjoying lunch and getting ready for an afternoon of creating our first green waste in almost six weeks. It's still cloudy but it's perfect yardwork weather...

Yeah, yeah, we can read this forum, too! :rant:

Six meeting in my outlook calendar today. Scheduling more for tomorrow as well. My office doesn't even have a window. I will get home after dark tonight! This is why I won't:

Get trapped buying a bigger house,
Buy a brand new car ever again,
Insist on name brand anything.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the work I do, but I would much rather be sitting on a deck drinking chardonay Sauvignon blanc....someday I'll be free.

Laurence said:
This is why I won't:

Get trapped buying a bigger house,
Buy a brand new car ever again,
Insist on name brand anything.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the work I do, but I would much rather be sitting on a deck drinking chardonay Sauvignon blanc....someday I'll be free.

Just be sure you don't forget to stop along the way and smell the septic tank roses.... ;)

It was 75 and beautiful here, also. Had a Salmon Burger out on the patio. Lots of birds chirping, doing the mating call, I guess. No mating call for me, unfortunately. Did some reading. Got drowsy. Took a nap. Ahhhhhhhhh! Whoops, it's almost 6pm. Time to get out the wine glasses.

55 and pissing it down for the 350th consecutive day here. :p

Crap!

70 here also - put together my very first Scott spreader and spread lawn seed over bald spots from winter - bow sawed some small trees on the back slope fo clear for a rock garden - if I ever finish remodeling  - made arrangements for the trucker to drop off the wood flooring tomorrow/contractor to rip out carpet - cleared paint cans from kitchen painting to cook - step daugher is packing to move out for a couple days - DIL is having twins and guess who babysits the two existing grandkids.

Oh - and Lance who skipped Kindergarten today came over with Scout to play ball with DAWG and Mylo our 4 mo. old PUG who ain't fully potty trained yet.

I did slip in a 40 minute power nap.

Life in da burbs - I miss my swamp.

heh heh heh

It's 55, but too chilly to sit outside. At least I do get to enjoy the day -- the 1 big advantage of working nights!

Hm... snowy, working, tired....

I'll trade you....

68 degrees and sunny here. I spent the afternoon fishing in  the local river. I consider myself lucky to live in an area where I can be fishing in an Ozark river 10 minutes after I've left my house. I didn't catch any fish but the solitude and the scenery were worth the trip. I agree with Cutthroat, this is what ER is about.

Cut-Throat said:
Spring has struck in Minnesota finally. It's 55 degrees and beautiful sunshine and no wind. I'm sitting here on my deck this afternoon sunning myself. 8)  I have my Wireless laptop and a Glass of Chardonay.  The birds are singing their spring mating calls and the chimpmunks are chasing each other around.

Actually, I've never been more pleased with retirement! - It's Tuesday afternoon and most of World is working. This is what it's about. 8)

Grrrrrr!

Eh, dont growl. He's probably eating filet mignon with that chardonnay. I'd rather work!

:LOL:

Woke at 5AM, slammed three cups of coffee, went to w***...  :'(

Don't feel bad, Lawrence. The only windows in our office are back in the training room, where we are from 8:15 to 9:00, too many mornings. Our office usually gets from 74-76 degrees every afternoon. The manager then turns on the air conditioning and whoever is sitting underneath the vents gets really cold. The heating system was poorly designed. Good for you not getting trapped by the bigger house and the new cars. You will get to retirement before you know it!

Dreamer

Crabs!

A nice carolina sunset, (working) brothers' visiting, just shy of a dozen crabs in the trap. They were the appetizers. Add in pizza, poker and plenty of beer.

Ahhhh. Not bad for a Tuesday night.

Laurence said:
My office doesn't even have a window.
Hey, I never had a window until I worked at a surface-Navy training command. And then I regretted the parking-lot view.

I don't think an office window is worth the price of having to watch those sunrises & sunsets from your... office. And when you see both of them on the same day it really sucks. At least with four walls you can pretend that you're not missing anything!

I have no windows in my office either.  There are 3 ways to tell what it might be like outside:

1.  Call the weather number
2.  Go to the ladies room - there is a small window in there
3.  If it's really windy (like today) I can hear the building creaking.   :eek:

CJ

Got up this morning, went outside to enjoy a sunny, mild spring morning. Stared at the geese drifting by on the lake. Watched a crane catch some breakfast. Saw a few more geese fly directly overhead. The moist grass still damp with morning dew. Ah, that's the life.

Then I remembered I was just walking from the house to the car. I had to hurry and drop the baby off at daycare then go to work. :'(

Maybe I'll get in a nice lakeside dinner at sunset tonight, since it gets dark an hour later now :)

...getting ready for an afternoon of creating our first green waste in almost six weeks.

Nice setup, but I'll pass.

TromboneAl said:
Nice setup, but I'll pass.

I'm not so sure you did! ;)

setab

We have sun today after what seems like a month of rain.

I'm going to spend some time in my garden today...finally.

Same here, sunny and blue sky after a mid-day clearing yesterday. Finally got to cut my tiny bit of lawn for the first time in almost a month. Gabe is similarly pleased with the warmer, dry weather. He now gets to resume his job of wandering the cul de sac, checking everyones wheels and tires.

Back
Top Bottom