nm

Re: Visited Saguaro National Park - Pics..........

My old stomping ground. Were the pics from the east or west section of the park? The west one is near the desert museum, a good stop if you had the time. Used to hike the desert, mostly Sabino. Serious snake country.

Looks great out there. Watch out for the javelinas.

Awesome! I hope to get there some day...the desert flora & fauna intrigues me. :)

Lots of great outdoor activity and natural desert beauty in Tucson area. Great pics. Truly one of my favorite parts of the country. :)

Cure for prickly pear splinters (you know, the kind that are virtually invisible but hurt like hell when you push on your finger tip where the splinter is):

Cover the affected area with a thin layer of white glue, like Elmers. Allow to air dry. Peel away the glue (like we did in grade school) and the splinter will come with it.

That didn't help my friend who was trail biking and fell, landing butt-first on a barrel cactus.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Cure for prickly pear splinters (you know, the kind that are virtually invisible but hurt like hell when you push on your finger tip where the splinter is):

Cover the affected area with a thin layer of white glue, like Elmers. Allow to air dry. Peel away the glue (like we did in grade school) and the splinter will come with it.

Good suggestion. I'll give it a try since I have frequently have the opportunity to attempt to remove those tiny damn things. C-T's first photo, minus the Saguaro cactus, looks a lot like my back yard...and the front.

I've been to that area (Tucson mostly, Phoenix a few times too) on business in the last few years and it's great. There's a limitless supply of things to do within just a short drive in all directions. The desert's great, but did ya make it over to Tombstone? :) How about up on I'm hoping to convince the boss that I need to go to yet another training class in Tucson sometime this year. ;) How about up in the Catalina Mountains & Mount Lemmon? Cool place to visit, wonder if I can talk DW into retiring out that way?!?!

I lived in Pima County for over twenty years, the winters are wonderful just not long enough the summers are H O TTT :eek: :eek: :eek:

Use care in being in the desert, it is not a friendly place for humans, something out there wants you for lunch or to make life miserable for you.

I had a heck of a time getting the cactus spines out of my hand (I used gloves they went right through the leather). I used tape like duct tape to pull the little devils out.

I loved the grapefruit tree that grew on my patio I had hundreds from one tree.

Still, the summers were to hot and long for me do miss some of the nice neighbors though, seems that everyone was a transplant from somewhere else.

Kitty

Back
Top Bottom