nm

Re: One advantage of snow - It can be beautiful - Pics

Thanks for the pics CT, is that a christmas tree farm you've got going there? I am in Boston and I haven't seen snow on the ground yet this year. :eek: Maybe my planned move back to California is no longer necessary

Ye gods, man, my computer just froze up!

Snow sure is pretty. And walking around during the first large snow storm of the year is one of life's great treats.

After that first snow, though, its pretty much time for it to go away for another 360 days.

Well, here we are way south in Albuquerque NM and we are buried in 1 foot of snow (record snow storm). I'm very glad we have part-time four wheel drive on our jeep or else there was no way we could get out of the parking lot yesterday. We were running out of food.

Snow-on-motorhome.jpg

snow-on-roof.jpg

After a 24 hours snowing finally stopped and DH cleared the snow off the top of the motorhome so it doesn't freeze on top of the slides (which would make it tough to bring them in).

Audrey

CT - Yup, I was thinking the same thing. Beautiful snow and the (finally) clearing sky. It's great. Makes me think of the thread from a couple days ago regarding "Wisconsin...Why we live here." This is another good reason. Of course it helps that the temp is +20 rather than -20.

Pretty pictures CT. We had our first snow here in northern MA Saturday, it's pouring right now and will be in the 50's for the remainder of the week. I know we're going to get winter eventually but for now I'm enjoying looking at it somewhere else.

Nice pics!!!

We had our first snow of the season here Nov 30th-Dec 1st. Around 8 inches! It was gone in about a week, when it got up in the 40s and 50s again!!! YEA!!! Fortunately, the weather here has been warmer than usual, so instead of snow this past weekend, it was just light rain. I don't have to shovel rain, so I like it better than snow. The last couple of days it was 57 out!!! Today it's MUCH colder...only about 44!!!

I've seen all the snow I need to for the winter! Come on Spring!!! ::)

No ice sculptures?

Funny thing about that snow. I just got back to Phoenix from a holiday visit with family in Illinois. Normally the trip takes me two long days of driving (spend the night in Amarillo). But I-40 was closed from Albuquerque to Amarillo when I got there Friday night because of all that beautiful snow. I ended up getting home via Lubbock, El Paso and Tucson. It's a good thing I'm retired and didn't have to get home to go to work. :)

I imagine molten lava is beautiful too. But I don't want it covering up my house and car. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just returned on 12/31 from the San Francisco Bay Area and had to remove snow from my driveway. The snow is pretty, but snow removal is no fun.

I spent the New Year's holiday weekend in Ely, MN. It looked a lot like your photos.

Empty Pockets said:
I spent the New Year's holiday weekend in Ely, MN. It looked a lot like your photos.

So you are thinking of retiring there? I know a fair number of people in Ely or from Ely. Are you from this neck of the woods? Amazingly mild winter, eh?

Yup Martha, I was there looking at houses. If I find the right one I'll buy it now as a rental property and move in on 1/1/2015.

I've gotten to know a lot of people there too. Some have lived there for years, and others retired there recently. Met a very nice retired couple on a ski trail on New Year's Eve that had just moved there from Palo Alto, they were loving it there.

The Kiwishiwi river outside of town is still open on New Year's Day, this is unreal. The ice should be 2 feet thick by now.

Back
Top Bottom