Non-resident library card

Yes, the free museum passes! In the SF Bay Area you can get a pass to almost any museum or cultural/science center. With current DVD's, ebooks, books on CD, online magazines, newspapers, and, oh yes, books - the library is the best free source of entertainment and learning. We also have docent lectures from museums at our library,the Great Books discussion group, maker events, authors. Support your libraries!! They are among the first things cut during hard budget times.

Have used my libraries link into Zinio for magazines also, it's a great addition to the library offerings. Our library is also tied into Freegal Music which offers MP3 songs and music videos. There is a limit to how many MP3 songs you can download in a week and the selection is somewhat limited, but it is free and there's no expiration as far as I can tell.

Zinnio (thanks for the tip!)

OK, it's confession time for me. I have been reading this thread for a couple of days, and I had no idea what Zinio was, so I finally googled it a few minutes ago. Then I checked my local library's website, and lo and behold, they have the Zinio service available.:dance:

Once again the collective wisdom of this forum has provided me with a way to save money. I ceased buying magazines years ago as part of my LBYM plan, but I have really missed some of my favorites.

Just a cursory look at the library's Zinio offerings tells me I can find some of my favorites (Audubon, Consumer Reports). On behalf of myself, and several local family members who are about to get an email from me about Zinio at our library, thank you to everyone who brought this to my attention in this thread.

A special thank you to all the librarians out there - libraries are one of the foundations of a civilized society IMHO. :greetings10:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom