Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #161
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
How are you enjoying the Winnie?
The rig is great. The space is great. We have a few small things we'll be bringing it back to the dealer to have fixed, but nothing major.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #162
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple girl View Post
So kitty has completely adjusted to the RV? Was it hard to find a spot (limited space) for the litter box?
She’s doing great, thanks for asking. Better then we could have hoped. We were really concerned about how she’d do. She’s 12 and has spent the last 11 years in one place. She also lost her sister this past January, so a lot of change for her in a short time. But she doesn’t seem to have had any issues at all. She doesn’t care for moving days too much, but it doesn’t seem to affect her for long. Hopefully she’ll get used to that too.

Having a litter box in such a tiny space isn’t ideal, but it isn’t the worst thing in the world either. Some folks have cut holes in the floor to give the cat access to a basement storage compartment . . . we’re not even considering doing that. We just put down some plastic in front of the passenger’s seat and turn the seat in so it faces the “living room”. The box is out of sight and as long as you clean it regularly, you don’t even know its there.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #163
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone4Good View Post
She’s doing great, thanks for asking. Better then we could have hoped. We were really concerned about how she’d do. She’s 12 and has spent the last 11 years in one place. She also lost her sister this past January, so a lot of change for her in a short time. But she doesn’t seem to have had any issues at all. She doesn’t care for moving days too much, but it doesn’t seem to affect her for long. Hopefully she’ll get used to that too.

Having a litter box in such a tiny space isn’t ideal, but it isn’t the worst thing in the world either. Some folks have cut holes in the floor to give the cat access to a basement storage compartment . . . we’re not even considering doing that. We just put down some plastic in front of the passenger’s seat and turn the seat in so it faces the “living room”. The box is out of sight and as long as you clean it regularly, you don’t even know its there.
That's great to hear she is adjusting well. That sounds like a good spot for the litter box. Thanks for the tip! (Planning our future in my head here.)

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #164
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple girl View Post
That's great to hear she is adjusting well. That sounds like a good spot for the litter box. Thanks for the tip! (Planning our future in my head here.)
Lots of solutions out there. Some people have pulled out drawers many others put it in the shower. You'll probably have to wait and see the space that you have to find the ideal spot. But rest assured it will fit somewhere, no worries.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #165
Recycles dryer sheets

what model winnie did you buy - the 33C?
Old 06-28-2010, 05:55 AM   #166
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyduke View Post
what model winnie did you buy - the 33C?
Yup, it's the Sightseer 33C.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:25 AM   #167
Recycles dryer sheets

I really like that model...read your blog and we are wandering similar paths since we too are about to embark on a journey of fulltiming in an RV and we have never spent the night in one yet...
Old 06-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #168
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyduke View Post
I really like that model...read your blog and we are wandering similar paths since we too are about to embark on a journey of fulltiming in an RV and we have never spent the night in one yet...
I Love it. Almost everyone told us we should go slow, try it out. Maybe get a travel trailer, or rent an RV, blah, blah, blah. That, of course, is prudent. But who's got time? And spending a week in a rented RV wouldn't have given us the information we really needed to know. We're not planning on "camping", after all. We're planning on traveling. The RV is a means to an end. Not an end it self - for us anyway.

Good luck and happy travels!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #169
Recycles dryer sheets

Yep we have had lots of advice to spend a week in a rented RV and i agree it just wouldn't give us the information we really need to know either. Besides we are committed to this so it is full speed ahead...
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #170
Give me a forum ...

Just thought I would throw this in:

Go RVing Study by Harris Interactive Identifies Marketing Communications Messages that Can Motivate RV Buyers

Quote:

The survey also offered insight about which benefits of RVing are the strongest purchase motivators. A strong proportion of potential future RV buyers said that these factors would make them more likely to buy:
  • RVers save 27 to 61 percent on a typical family vacation — 73 percent
  • Couples who RV develop stronger bonds with each other — 68 percent
  • RVing allows you to be more physically active — 67 percent
  • RVing provides an escape from everyday pressure and stress — 65 percent
  • Kids who travel with their families by RV receive educational benefits — 58 percent
  • Traveling by RV reduces exposure to illnesses and other health risks — 56 percent
Majorities of past RV owners (61 percent) and potential future RV owners (59 percent) agreed that investing in an RV now will enable people to travel affordably and frequently in retirement.

RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote