Planning to RV full-time this spring

... I could get into a little part time traveling with a class C. Looks like you can find some decent used one's too that would do the job...

Heh heh heh...We almost bought a nice "shorty" that's 23-1/2 ft long. Ours is 26ft. The short one is more compact and would work for a couple too, but we were thinking that our 2 grown children may want to join us for some legs of the trip. They wouldn't and couldn't be with us on our Alaskan journey. By yourself, it is so easy. As you can see, a used but clean class C can cost less than a new car.

Oh, by the way, there are single female RV travelers, as I have read. Independently minded women too... They want to keep his and her RVs separate ;) Who knows, one may find romance on a trek :)

Oh, by the way, there are single female RV travelers, as I have read. Independently minded women too... They want to keep his and her RVs separate ;) Who knows, one may find romance on a trek :)

As long as they deal with this guy, I'm game.:blush:
img_914076_0_a978fab4b66468214c1b48bbce6904d6.jpg

Congratulations, Gone4Good! Good job.

Speaking of RV's we are currently in Guatemala where they resurrect the old school busses from the States and turn them into work horse transport. We spoke with the owners of factories here, and they can convert a bus into an RV for chump change.

Worth a look...

Congrats again...

Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement,
The Adventurer's Guide to Chapala Living

So we did it . . . we started a blog. We're doing it mostly so we'll have a journal of our travels, but also because so many people requested that we do one (some quite insistently).

It's here for anyone who is interested.

http://wanderings2010.wordpress.com/

Cheers.

Thanks. I'll be taking a peek from time to time.

How are you enjoying the Winnie?

R

So we did it . . . we started a blog. We're doing it mostly so we'll have a journal of our travels, but also because so many people requested that we do one (some quite insistently).

Wanderings

Cheers.

I've bookmarked the site and am living vicariously through you guys! So kitty has completely adjusted to the RV? Was it hard to find a spot (limited space) for the litter box?

Wanderings

Cheers.

You are entirely too young to be retired... :LOL:

Great blog!

How are you enjoying the Winnie?

The rig is great. The space is great. We have a few small things we'll be bringing it back to the dealer to have fixed, but nothing major.

So kitty has completely adjusted to the RV? Was it hard to find a spot (limited space) for the litter box?

She’s doing great, thanks for asking. Better then we could have hoped. We were really concerned about how she’d do. She’s 12 and has spent the last 11 years in one place. She also lost her sister this past January, so a lot of change for her in a short time. But she doesn’t seem to have had any issues at all. She doesn’t care for moving days too much, but it doesn’t seem to affect her for long. Hopefully she’ll get used to that too.

Having a litter box in such a tiny space isn’t ideal, but it isn’t the worst thing in the world either. Some folks have cut holes in the floor to give the cat access to a basement storage compartment . . . we’re not even considering doing that. We just put down some plastic in front of the passenger’s seat and turn the seat in so it faces the “living room”. The box is out of sight and as long as you clean it regularly, you don’t even know its there.

She’s doing great, thanks for asking. Better then we could have hoped. We were really concerned about how she’d do. She’s 12 and has spent the last 11 years in one place. She also lost her sister this past January, so a lot of change for her in a short time. But she doesn’t seem to have had any issues at all. She doesn’t care for moving days too much, but it doesn’t seem to affect her for long. Hopefully she’ll get used to that too.

Having a litter box in such a tiny space isn’t ideal, but it isn’t the worst thing in the world either. Some folks have cut holes in the floor to give the cat access to a basement storage compartment . . . we’re not even considering doing that. We just put down some plastic in front of the passenger’s seat and turn the seat in so it faces the “living room”. The box is out of sight and as long as you clean it regularly, you don’t even know its there.

That's great to hear she is adjusting well. That sounds like a good spot for the litter box. Thanks for the tip! (Planning our future in my head here.) :)

That's great to hear she is adjusting well. That sounds like a good spot for the litter box. Thanks for the tip! (Planning our future in my head here.) :)

Lots of solutions out there. Some people have pulled out drawers many others put it in the shower. You'll probably have to wait and see the space that you have to find the ideal spot. But rest assured it will fit somewhere, no worries.

I really like that model...read your blog and we are wandering similar paths since we too are about to embark on a journey of fulltiming in an RV and we have never spent the night in one yet...

I really like that model...read your blog and we are wandering similar paths since we too are about to embark on a journey of fulltiming in an RV and we have never spent the night in one yet...

I Love it. Almost everyone told us we should go slow, try it out. Maybe get a travel trailer, or rent an RV, blah, blah, blah. That, of course, is prudent. But who's got time? And spending a week in a rented RV wouldn't have given us the information we really needed to know. We're not planning on "camping", after all. We're planning on traveling. The RV is a means to an end. Not an end it self - for us anyway.

Good luck and happy travels!

Yep we have had lots of advice to spend a week in a rented RV and i agree it just wouldn't give us the information we really need to know either. Besides we are committed to this so it is full speed ahead...

Just thought I would throw this in:

Go RVing Study by Harris Interactive Identifies Marketing Communications Messages that Can Motivate RV Buyers

The survey also offered insight about which benefits of RVing are the strongest purchase motivators. A strong proportion of potential future RV buyers said that these factors would make them more likely to buy:
  • RVers save 27 to 61 percent on a typical family vacation — 73 percent
  • Couples who RV develop stronger bonds with each other — 68 percent
  • RVing allows you to be more physically active — 67 percent
  • RVing provides an escape from everyday pressure and stress — 65 percent
  • Kids who travel with their families by RV receive educational benefits — 58 percent
  • Traveling by RV reduces exposure to illnesses and other health risks — 56 percent
Majorities of past RV owners (61 percent) and potential future RV owners (59 percent) agreed that investing in an RV now will enable people to travel affordably and frequently in retirement.

Back
Top Bottom