Retirement locations?

Probably Stillwater, OK - college town with sports and theatre, 1 hour to Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Two lakes within 20 minutes of my mobile home. Low crime, decent bars. The used mobile home, land, car, and kid's college all pays off in 5 years, so costs should start to fall.

I joke, but its true, my retirement home is next door - its my father-in-laws new mobile home. Unfortunately according to an online life expectancy calculator, he should live to 106. He's 80 now and in perfect health, so I may have to work until 70 just to outwait him.

Probably Stillwater, OK -
I joke, but its true, my retirement home is next door - its my father-in-laws new mobile home. Unfortunately according to an online life expectancy calculator, he should live to 106. He's 80 now and in perfect health, so I may have to work until 70 just to outwait him.

The only problem I see is that in OK mobile homes act as Tornado magnets. You'll be lucky if it is still around when you retire. ;)
Laura

The msn list is somewhat misleading. For example, Santa Barbara has little in common with Santa Maria or Lompoc, except they're all in Santa Barbara County. Median housing costs are around a million in SB; $2 to 300 K in SM or L. SB is on the coast and the climate is mild; SM is inland and the climate more exreme. SB is a tourist center; SM and L are not.

Same with San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles. SLO is a college town that gets some distant off-shore breeze; PR is shielded by mountains and gets hotter than hell. It's a short drive from SLO to Pismo Beach.

Bottom line: msn seems to lump apples and oranges

db

Back
Top Bottom